1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iAudio X5 / iAudio M3 / Creative Zen Sleek / Somthing else?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by mattdurkin, Aug 28, 2005.

1. mattdurkin

mattdurkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    I just can't make my mind up so I wondered if anyone else can help:

The features I'd like are:
    20G HDD
    Small Size
    High Quality
    FM Radio

The 3 devices listed in the Title all have these featuers, so I'm not sure which I should choose. I'm not interested in video playback, or a colour screen, but aren't bothered if they happen to have this.

I'd also really like to have USB Host functoinality so I can transfer files from my camera (via a card reader if my camera isn't supported). I think the only one of the devices I've listed to support USB Host is the X5. Does anyone know about the other 2?

Also - I'm keen to find out how good the FM radios are on these models. If I get one with an FM radio, I'd like to think it would get reasonable reception, otherwise I'd not bother with the radio.

So - does anyone know anything further around these details? Maybe I'm missing a killer device etc...
    Any advice much appreciated.

Matt

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,231
    If you don't want video and colour screen, iaudio are making a X5 without a colour screen and video playback, called M5. Go on dapreview.net and use search to check out player

3. mattdurkin

mattdurkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately the M5 looses the radio and USB Host features, allegedly...

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I'd say the X5 is what you're looking for. It seems to do everything you want. I did expect it to be a major leap over the M3 in terms of what it did as a music player since it's been a year since the M3's release, but unfortunately not. That and the fact that the screen isn't good enough for video are the only major gripes I have with the X5.

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,231
    I want the X5 but its too expensive at the moment. Don't care about poor screen; I'm getting a PSP. Nice info on this blog

http://phonephile.blogspot.com/

6. Pottsy

Pottsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm very happy with the X5L. Folder browsing, no silly DRM, USB OTG, long battery life and best of all an amazing sound.

Bit pricey, but worth it.