1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iancity - FAO

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by simon1, Feb 3, 2002.

1. simon1

Jul 7, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    "Credit card

IF you have paid by credit card and your cc co. is any good then they will help. My cc co. (Capital One) were prepared to take on Sony until they (Sony) backed down and gave me a nice new TV even though I was 18 months out of warranty (long, long story)

Good Luck."

You posted this in 'Another Sony misery story' thread.

I would be grateful if you could post brief details about your experience with the refund via your credit card company.

I think it may be necessary to involve my credit card company because of a faulty tv, which the dealer couldn't care less about.

I have already had one tv, in which the credit card company refunded money back (tv was only 5 days old - dealer was awkward). But the replacement set, now 7 months old is having problems. Unfortunately this set was bought inadvertintly from the sister company of the first, so I know I would get nowhere with them.

Wondered how difficult it may be to get credit card to refund now, the set's half way through waranty?

I have been in contact with someone else with same model tv, who has also had problems. Hitachi have had his set now for over 2 months - not reasuring.