IAG - what kind of comany is that!?!?!?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Kinofan, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Kinofan

Kinofan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I asked the helpdesk:

and I got this answer:

What kind of policy is it to buy a company and then bring absolutely NO INFORMATION to the market for nearly 2 years now???

What are they doing with TAG?

I can not tell you how angry I am about this b..sh...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Martin,
    IAG is the company that does its best to flog all potential customers away (even more if you're TAG customer).

Try to ask forum member "HEP" , maybe he could tell you more or provide you with info what's available.

3. christoph

christoph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi plump

i tell you what happened with HEP:

after delivering OUTSTANDING service for tag AND the customers for several years, IAG decided that the business relationship between HEP an IAG has to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how extremely shortsighted can one be...?? I really wonder why IAG has bought TAG anyway, if they don't take ANY andvantage of the undoubtedly competitive TAG gear and knowledge (espacially the TMREQ-able prepros!) :suicide:

its a really sad story :thumbsdow

ps: nett wieder mal von dir zu lesen martin ;) auch wenn eigentlich traurig ist

4. Kinofan

Kinofan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I know Hartmut from HEP very well ;)

He is now out of this business :mad:

Does anybody have an information about what is going on at IAG?

They are responsible for that very big marketpricedrop of TAG products!!!

I would like to make a batch "I hate IAG" :D

5. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IAG bought the intelectual rights plus the old stock and a few members of the original staff.

What they do with it is entirely up to them, as long as they follow the letter of the law regards to this sort of thing - theres no come back.

In the 5 months that I was an IAG employee after TAG they did their best to operate within the constraints set by the take-over.

6. christoph

christoph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi roversd1

no offence to you, BUT don't you:

- understand the worries of the tag users concerning the upgradeability promised by tag? the upgradeability was a essential feature for me to buy the dualsharc (as well as the excellent tmreq)

- think, with that kind of possibilities and knowledge and devoted customers, a company could do a "little" more that what IAG did?

- think, a just "little" information during 2 whole years would have been appropriate?

i have to stop writing here, because i already have foam in front of my face...

i have to cool down a little before i continue contributing in this thread

best regards
    christoph

edit: typo

7. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, a lot of you dont undestand that 'TAG McLaren Audio' doesnt exist anymore, it is gone, deceased etc

The two share holders of TMA wanted to simply close the company with little or no after market support.

Certain parties within TMA fort tooth and nail to keep TMA as a going concern, the result instead was the sale to IAG.

You should think yourself lucky that you have any support at all and that the company didnt go 'Rover'.

You still have a number to ring up if things go wrong. You still have a service centre run by some of the best service support staff in the world.

You just have to understand that IAG is a different company with a different objectives.

8. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I think it still comes down to the fact that people didn't realise how spoilt they were with the service we got from TMA :) I think IAG operates in a similar way to most manufacturers and it dosn't matter how many times we throw our toys out of the pram about it, they will only release new product information or new products when they are good and ready :(

9. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,667
    Profit for example.

We have one ex TAG employee and used to have another (forum member Stevesky who still posts from time to time) and the inference from both is that the entire TMA program was unsustanable in any realistic form. Like the Mclaren F1, many TAG products are without peer and designed utterly without compromise. Unfortunately, even in this industry that is no guarentor of success. Put bluntly there aren't enough of you and this will reflect in what IAG does next. By the same token, you'll note that Mclaren cars product after the F1 wasn't designed to top it but was cheaper, heavier and slower. They still make more money on those though..........

As Mark says, you still have aftersales service. When you consider Alchemist, Audio Innovations, Rogers and many other august companies, that is better than nothing.

10. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fine.

If thats what some of you think.

I'm glad that there is no more TMA, it means that I dont have to listen to you lot bleating on about 'how TAG was too expensive' 'now its too cheap'.

Make your minds up - there wasnt enough of you to sustain the company, now its gone you all cry wolf.

my space bars is still broken....

11. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes Rover SD1 that's just about it.

Wrong decisions when TAG were going and wrong decisions now they are gone.

Too expensive when it was available and would pay anything now it's gone.

Can't please everybody can you - but look where all the moaning has got us - Nowhere!!

12. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Kinofan.
    Being rude will not change anything.
    You are of course always welcome to spend your money elsewhere.

13. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Could you please note that there is a sticky threads regarding the complaints, suggestions, problems etc...

It would be better to avoid opening new threads and use that one for such kind of subject.

No comment about the content of this thread... time will tell. Everybody is free to take whatever the decision he deems necessary.

Regards,

Lenny

14. Burgy100

Burgy100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Oh deary me,

Some people are really throwing the toys out of their pram on this one!!

TMA are gone, get on with your lives.

The ex TMA employee on this forum is quite right in what he said, as an owner of TMA equipment I was upset that they sold out, infact, I purchased my equipment in October 2002 with the specific view of upgradeabilty ,aftersales and service. Its still excellent equipment even at full price purchase and will probably go on to be a legend.

CHAPS TMA are no longer trading lets move on and keep the name alive in this forum.

As for IAG, everything on this forum has been pure conjecture sofar and until an official press release from AUDIOLAB about their strategic policies, I remain optimistic they will still be able to look after the old TMA customers.

Steve

15. liam_b

liam_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I think the main problem for a lot of ex TMA customers is the lack of information from IAG. Get used to it! This leopard is not going to change its spots. Look at the furore over TAGs strategic review process, which was completely in line with legal requirements. If I was IAG I would keep my mouth tightly shut until I had something specific to report like 'DVAudiolab products in the shops in October'.

16. Kinofan

Kinofan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is new for me!

My knowledge is that IAG bought TMA will make some changes and developments and then continue with the business!

Why IAG is giving NO information since 2 years???

17. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,667
    Don't know where you read that. For starters that don't have any rights to the use the Mclaren name. Whether they'd released the products twenty minutes after purchase or two years later it wouldn't be called TMA.

In the last two years IAG have bought two award winning product ranges to market with Quad and Wharfedale so they haven't been idle either.

18. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    August 2003: TAG McLaren Audio anounce 'strategic reveiw'

- I sit through two rounds of redundancies watching friends and colleagues leave

April 2004: International Audio Group buy the intelectual rights to TMA - not the company, not the premisies, just the intelectual rights and existing stock.

So, not two years at all, bearly a year has passed.

IAG is a UK/ China based company that has over the years bought many brand names including Quad, Leak, Wharfedale and now Audiolab.

Audiolab was the brand that IAG really wanted - TMA was never ever mooted as being kept on as a brand. The McLaren group were going through a company wide name change and wanted shot of 'Technologies Due AvanteGuarde'- TAG - I dont know the exact reasons for that. Possibly due to an earlier sale of the TAG Hauer watch brand.

So, as before: you have a number to call if your precious little peice of TMA gear goes pop, you have a website and you have a forum to whinge on.

Pretty good going!

19. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    Kinofan...a few words of advice first...this forum is for TAG owners and users,and also thankfully still has several ex-TAG employees contributing advice and help for free.

Please be good enough to remember that,and not indulge in either shouting(you will know exactly what I'm getting at)or being rude to those offering advice here.

As to your comments above,a read through almost any decent hifi/AV magazine relating to the TMA/IAG issue will have made the situation very clear,as TonsofFun has commented above as well.

You do also,providing you don't abuse it,have a forum here where you can still get very good technical support other than actual servicing,which is a lot more than can be said for many other now defunct companies,and you also have IAG to fall back on for servicing/repairs should that be required,even though the helpdesk is variable at present.

20. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    You’re right about Leopards not changing their spots, liam b, but bananas do, and it usually means they're more ripe or rotten than when you last looked.

As for your marketing plan, I have to disagree – putting stuff in the shops in October by itself will fail to meet the Christmas spree (if it still exists). IAG would have to have already created a market hungry for the products by the time goods hit the shops. That means lots of advance fuss in the AV magazines, rave reviews and a marketing effort that is beyond IAG’s understanding.

We have to accept that the technology we’ve heard about doesn’t fit the profile and if we don’t start seeing stuff in the same class as the AV32R DP and DVD32FLR before August, it just isn’t going to work this year.

IAG are certainly no better at sales and marketing than TMA in its last few years – I say this based upon their handling of other brands as well. What will keep them afloat longer is that they are not attempting to fund anything like engineering excellence.

21. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I rather suspect you are right.

22. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Exactly......

I would make the point that our TAG gear is still one of the finest things you can use for AV and that along with a service opration is all we really need currently...... A good few ex TAG people own TAG gear and are quite ahppy with its performance adn if they have confidence in the product after being made redundant by them that speaks volumes.....Of course some people had to sell their kit to eat but that also don't make the kit rubbish overnight....

23. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'Tis true... I had to eat :rotfl:

24. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    It would have taken you a while to waste away though :rotfl:

25. simon40

simon40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    ... and that could be said of a few us as well

26. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    I've still got my gear, I'd only put on even more weight if I sold it.... :D