i78700k, geforce 1080ti, 32GB DDR5 RAM vs LGCX

LGCXfan

Standard Member
Reaction score
My gaming PC is currently at Microcenter getting a rebuild done on it. When it's done i'll be 64GB of DDR4 RAM, i78700k, 850 watt PSU and i'll still have my geforce 1080ti GPU. I'm not gonna get the 3090 GPU until about six months(at least) after launch because i'm waiting for compatable water blocks and active back plates to be available also.

I also purchased an LGCX 65 inch 120hz TV.

until i get the 3000 series graphics card, folks at Microcenter said i won't be able to do 4k, 120Hz but i should be able to do 4k 60HZ.

Does anyone knows how far i can push my gaming rig on the LGCX with the currrent hardware that i have without over clocking anything?

I wasn't sure if i should put this question in a PC forum or an LGTV forum so i doing both just incase.

Also, what settings would you guys reccomend i put on my new TV when my gaming PC is done being rebuilt?

Depends what games you play and on what settings. I have a 1080ti and to hit 60fps with max settings I have to drop down to 1440p for games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadow of The Tomb Raider, and The Outer Worlds.

4k60 really needs the grunt of a 2080ti unless you're willing to drop other settings that affect visual fidelity.

What do you need 64GB Ram for?
Always the same question. Because he want to future proof? Maybe he is heavy on VMs, maybe he plans to go crazy with MS Flight Sim, or maybe because he wants it.

I have a better question. Tell me why not? (even if he is upsold, which might be the case here) (other then extreme OC will suffer a bit).

Last edited:
I got 64 GB of RAM because I'm going to continue to run a DAW program i currently have called Reaper. I'm in the long process of using free internet classes to learn how to use that program.

Also I'm enrolling in online engineering school this year and will be learning Blender and Solidworks and want a computer that's future proof for the whole time i'm in school. Ultimate plan is to one day have a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Also I am a gamer and plan on running a game called Star Citizen.

The reason i'm not going for the RTX 2080 is because the 1080ti is a GPU that i already have and I'm waiting to get a 3090 down the road and hoping the 1080ti will be good enough until then so i don't waste money on a 2080 if i'm gonna replace it with the 3090 anyway.

I got 64 GB of RAM because I'm going to continue to run a DAW program i currently have called Reaper. I'm in the long process of using free internet classes to learn how to use that program.

Also I'm enrolling in online engineering school this year and will be learning Blender and Solidworks and want a computer that's future proof for the whole time i'm in school. Ultimate plan is to one day have a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Also I am a gamer and plan on running a game called Star Citizen.

The reason i'm not going for the RTX 2080 is because the 1080ti is a GPU that i already have and I'm waiting to get a 3090 down the road and hoping the 1080ti will be good enough until then so i don't waste money on a 2080 if i'm gonna replace it with the 3090 anyway.

My point was that you may need to temper your expectations with the 1080ti.

Personally I find 1440p 60hz a really good sweet spot for it, and on my 77C8 it's still enough pixels for a crisp image at my seating distance.

I'll also be looking to jump in on the 3000 series, or Big Navi if that turns out to be anything other than hype.

My point was that you may need to temper your expectations with the 1080ti.

Personally I find 1440p 60hz a really good sweet spot for it, and on my 77C8 it's still enough pixels for a crisp image at my seating distance.

I'll also be looking to jump in on the 3000 series, or Big Navi if that turns out to be anything other than hype.
cool! i've never seen gaming footage at 1440p so whatever it looks like i imagine that it'll be better than the 1080p rez that i'm used to. i've also never gamed in over 60hz and never had any issues. I wonder if the 3090 can handle Crysis haha jk.

cool! i've never seen gaming footage at 1440p so whatever it looks like i imagine that it'll be better than the 1080p rez that i'm used to. i've also never gamed in over 60hz and never had any issues. I wonder if the 3090 can handle Crysis haha jk.

edit:
Nevermind, Captain Funbludgeon is on a pedantry mission.

Have fun with your new setup.

Last edited:
He said over 60hz, not that he's never gamed at 60hz

Consoles are 60hz by the way, even when they are outputting at locked 30fps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom