I7-3770K and Noctua NH-d14

luhempatel

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the I7-3770k and would liketo overclock it but I would like to know as some people have said that this fan will not fit into a LGA1155 socket, anyone know if this is true as other have done this. I have the I7-3770k and would liketo overclock it but I would like to know as some people have said that this fan will not fit into a LGA1155 socket, anyone know if this is true as other have done this.

Also are there any other good fans or collers, not looking for watercoolers after some leak and wont take that risk. Thanks also are there any other good fans or collers, not looking for watercoolers after some leak and wont take that risk. Thanks

Thanks Let me make sure that this fan will fit in my case I dont have a Idea, im unsing the asus P8177-V Pro Mobo with the coolermaster II advance case. If this fan will not fit does anyone know the best fan which will let me overclock to about 4.5-4.7ghz would be. No water coolers like h100. Thanks

It's the SE2011 version of the Noctua that only fits LGA2011 sockets, although even with that you can buy an extra mounting kit so it fits, as I did exactly that.

Here's a YouTube vid of some guy's build where he uses the same case as you and an NH-D14: -

Thank you very much for the video and help i did search youtube but did not find this. Last question is what is the fan speed as my motherboard can increase it to its max and was wondering what that was. Thanks

The rotational speed given in the link above will be the speed at 12v/full PWM, i.e. 1200 & 1300 RPM

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom