I5 - 2300 HTPC Integrated Graphics

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by Harry Cadders, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Harry Cadders

Harry Cadders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have finally pulled the trigger on my HTPC. Was going to self build but chickened out. It arrives tomorrow. Processor is I5 2300. Motherboard is z68 chipset. I am not a gamer and never will be. System is for streaming ripped blu rays, watching tv with some home video editing. Does anyone think that have having a dedicated graphics card in my situation would be beneficial. All thoughts and comments are appreciated.

2. bryanchicken

bryanchicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    what software will you be using?
    I've used both the clarkdale and the hd2000 graphics and haven't had any issues. There is the 23.976 issue that is still unresolved, and is hardware related so won't be as i understand, but using xbmc's reclock-like functionality i haven't noticed it (i did before).

3. Harry Cadders

Harry Cadders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I will be running mediaportal with windows 7 os. Pleased to hear that you are happy with kit except the frame rate is this something I should be actively managing?

4. bryanchicken

bryanchicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    I think mp has the same reclock-like functionality that xbmc has, but I can't be sure. It'll definitely dynamically switch refresh rates.
    I wouldn't worry about it. When it arrives check it out. If something doesn't look right to you then ask. Plenty of people on here have intel graphics that can help.

I was unsure when I first went to intel but figured I could always add discrete. Never felt the need though