1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wonder what the neighbours think??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Tel boy, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Tel boy

Tel boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Reading the threads on this forum there seems to be quite a few people that end up having their TV set replaced or taken away for repair.
    I have read of people having quite a few sets before getting 1 that they were happy with or 1 that worked properly. (I agree with you all, for the money they cost they should be perfect):mad:

But I would love to know what the neighbours think is going on with all this back & forwarding of TV sets.
    I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of the neighbour’s houses & hear them talking of
    “That nutter up the road that keeps sending the TV’s back” :D

Have any of you noticed that whenever you speak to a neighbour & you mention that you have a fault with something that you own they always point out that the 1 they have is perfectly fine & that they have never had any trouble with it. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should get our neighbours to go & buy our TV sets then they would be perfect 1st time. :D

There seems to be a very fine line between perfectionist & a complete nutter in most peoples eyes.

I believe that we all fit into the first category but I bet the neighbours would put us all in the latter. :D

Any thoughts / stories,

Regards to all, Tel. :)

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Given the severity of most problems posted here I'd say if my neighbour had no problems with his/her set, that is probably because they would hardly know how to switch it on. :devil:

It reminds me of the urban legend saying TV's used to last 30 years. Naturally they could last longer back in the days when they were hardly ever on, even though they did have a habit of blowing up. A TV we once had when I was a kid shorted and caught on fire.

We have a 24" Luxor stuffed away which is 15 years old. It is still working, but everything is messed up - geometry is off in every direction, it is completely out of focus, the picture is dark and washed out and there are flashovers in the CRT every 5 minutes. To someone who does not put the slightest demand on picture quality it may seem fine but to me it is garbage.

Those who put high demands but are still satisfied with their TV right out of the box are however lucky. There have to be sets that are accidentally operational and calibrated when they leave the factory. Perhaps even built with the right parts. I had such a TV once.