I won a competition!!!

Philbo

Well, it seems Christmas has come early for me this year!

A couple of months ago, I uploaded some of my pictures from my day watching the British Touring Car Championship @ Brands Hatch onto the HiQ website.

I was more than happy to receive an e-mail yesterday afternoon telling me that one of the images had won a competition to win a new camera!

:eek:

Here is some of what they had to say about the photo:

"The HiQ fast fit network received hundreds of entries from devoted fans, with a host of images capturing their favourite driver's trials and tribulations around the track.

But there was one shot that stood out to HiQ, which the brand believes conveys all the excitement and anticipation of a day watching one of the world's best motorsport events.

HiQ retail marketing manager Geraldine McGovern said: "We had hundreds of entries to choose from and while the decision was extremely tough, we couldn't see any other winner apart from Phil's once we'd looked through each entry closely.

"We wanted a photo that captured the spirit of the British Touring Car Championship and that is exactly what Phil managed with this shot."

You can read the rest of the article here:

Hi Q put winning picture in the frame, News at HiQ

There should be an article up on the Official BTCC website soon as well, so keep your eyes peeled!

BTCC :: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship

Here is the winning shot:

6205014489_c3b08d3cd3_z.jpg

BTCC - Brands Hatch 2011-9 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Well chuffed!

I have no idea what camera it is yet, they just said it is worth £500, will let you know once I receive it! (Hopefully Nikon as that will go with the rest of my gear, but I won't be complaining either way!)

:smashin:

Last edited:

Nallen0401

Not my usual neck of the...forum this, but glad I dropped in! Great shot, well done.

shotokan101

Suspended
Very well done indeed :)

Jim

Philbo

Thanks for the kind comments all!

I certainly don't think it's an amazing photo by any means, but as they said in the article it conveys the atmosphere quite nicely.

There were plenty of your usual (and technically brilliant) panning shots entered, which i have nothing against at all, but I stuck that one in as I thought it might catch the eye. Which it obviously did!

The prize is a Sony A35 with kit lens and a 16gb memory card and case!

Prize78

Great work mate. Lovely shot. Well done.

danjama

I loved this shot the first time I saw it. The colouring and lighting is so dramatic.

Congratulations! What body/lens did you use?

Philbo

danjama said:
I loved this shot the first time I saw it. The colouring and lighting is so dramatic.

Congratulations! What body/lens did you use?

Thanks very much!

I used my D3100 and a Tamron 70-300mm lens, processed in Lightroom as well.

gregww1

Novice Member
Nice shot indeed (I like the processing too). Well done!

One thing did amuse me though...are those rows of empty seats in the foreground? If they are, well, I'm not sure the atmosphere could have been that great! :laugh:

Philbo

Nice shot indeed (I like the processing too). Well done!

One thing did amuse me though...are those rows of empty seats in the foreground? If they are, well, I'm not sure the atmosphere could have been that great! :laugh:

Haha! I think they were yes, but they were in front of another stand. I am sure they were not empty earlier in the day, the place was absolutely packed! I took that shot from the Paddock hill grandstand and I only saw a couple of chairs empty.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom