I was wrong

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by paiger, Jun 28, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few weeks back I argued that there was little difference in CD playback quality between a £200 DVD and a £150 CD. I was wrong. Just took home 3 CD players to try out against my Sony DVPNS700 and they sound much better in my set up. They were a Sony 370, A JVC and a MArantz. Can't remember the model numbers of those two. Both were around the £150 mark. I will now be getting a dedicated CD player instead of playing CD's through the DVD. Might try out some Arcams.

S

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always preferred dedicated separates to the 'jack of all trades' equipment anyway, so this is no surprise to me.

I've always used the analogy of a Swiss Army Knife. Great things in themselves, but that little knife, scissors, nail file etc can't compete with the real things ;)

Your equipment is likely to last longer if you use separate components too :)