The 46th President Joe Biden

Marv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to start that Biden thread...

I may have started this thread as a joke. Hope you are OK with that @Marv?

This could be quite a bland thread. Let’s see....

Does highlight, why does it take so long to switch presidents? Takes forever to count and then they add more delay into the system.

Does highlight, why does it take so long to switch presidents?
I think it makes sense given how much executive power is vested directly in the President, not least being commander in chief of the armed forces. It is sensible to allow him and his staff to get on top of their briefs before they start.

Its not like the UK, where we only really have a proper regime change every 15 years or so. Instead in the US there is a very real chance of change every four years and so embedding a handover period is sensible.

I think it makes sense given how much executive power is vested directly in the President, not least being commander in chief of the armed forces. It is sensible to allow him and his staff to get on top of their briefs before they start.

Its not like the UK, where we only really have a proper regime change every 15 years or so. Instead in the US there is a very real chance of change every four years and so embedding a handover period is sensible.
Sort of with you.

every 15years? Lost me on that point.

everything 15years? Lost me on that point.
If you think about, when a new US President gets in, he brings in his own staff from anywhere. In the UK they are picked from a small pool in their own Parliamentary party. Ergo we only have a 100% change of Ministers in the UK when the ruling political party falls. In the last half century that occurs very rarely:
- Tory led 1979-1997
- Labour led 1997-2010
- Tory led 2010-2024

All long periods of continuity Government even if the head player has changed along the way. There has always been continuity amongst Ministers.

Let see how it goes. Without all the tweets to repost, SNL skits and CNN it might a lot less kino.

Is this THE official thread then for Big Joe?

Because we're now under starters orders....

Team Joe begins to take shape....

Let's face it, now that the removal of Trump is done, do I think Biden will be a good POTUS? The answer is .....YES - but he has his hands full reversing Trump's legacy.

I really hope the partisan fighting doesn't open the door for another Trump challenge or even one of his cronies. The US needs stability in leadership and thought. It needs to show kindness again.

Let's face it, now that the removal of Trump is done, do I think Biden will be a good POTUS? The answer is .....YES - but he has his hands full reversing Trump's legacy.

I really hope the partisan fighting doesn't open the door for another Trump challenge or even one of his cronies. The US needs stability in leadership and thought. It needs to show kindness again.
I think troubles/damage Trump has caused in the psyche of 40 odd million people is going to stick around for minimum 20 years.

The best thing for Biden at the end of his term will be zero scandals for the likes of Fox news to exploit.

There's no doubt Biden has a hell of a job on his hands given the division and hatred Trump has created, hopefully his stamina and health doesn't fail him as he looks pretty fragile.

I hope Harris is given the space to develop and contribute as I believe the future of his administration's success is very much beholden to her.

There's no doubt Biden has a hell of a job on his hands given the division and hatred Trump has created, hopefully his stamina and health doesn't fail him as he looks pretty fragile.

I hope Harris is given the space to develop and contribute as I believe the future of his administration's success is very much beholden to her.

She could well end up basically being the President, by virtue of Biden's age and health. He's no spring chicken!

I expect her to be the most active Veep that the role has ever had.

She could well end up basically being the President, by virtue of Biden's age and health. He's no spring chicken!

I expect her to be the most active Veep that the role has ever had.
Pretty sure he said from the start she was going to be "co President" more than "vice President" - I guess he knows his limits. She's no Ivanka though is she :)

Lets see if he does anything about "the wall" like Obama did about "gitmo"

Nothing to do is there? Just stop it and ignore it. Turn what little there is into a tourist attraction.
Grow Honeysuckle, Morning Glory, Wisteria etc up it and let it become The Wall of Flowers or the Hanging Gardens of America. That woud be kinda symbolic of something :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom