1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was forced to buy an AE200 last night...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Seb1, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Seb1

Seb1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    OMG!! I have finally got off the fence after spending about 1.5 years on this forum trying to decide what to do or buy...

I just could not refuse the Christmas offer at Digital Direct of a Panny AE200 for £680 including VAT & delivery.

This will be a 'stop-gap' projector for me until the Z2 or the AE500 come down in price. I would happily pay £1000 ish for one of these projectors, but I believe the Z2 at £1400 is over priced. I have been researching projectors long enough to realise that prices drop VERY fast. So I will probably keep this projector for 5 months max...

Thanks to this forum I know exactly what I need to do, to get the very best performance out of the AE200.

One thing that is niggling me is the 'Dead Pixels' issue. I would have prefered to buy from Discount Electrical due the pixel check, but because of the price I took a risk...

If I have 1 dead pixel I am going to flip! Is it possible to get Panasonic to do something about a dead pixel or pixels that are not considered signficant enough? i.e. 1 blue dead pixel. What if I kick up a real fuss?

Thanks

2. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if it is green then yeah, but don't exepct to get it back anytime soon. I am well hacked off with them-sent my panny 200 on 11th of november..heard nothing...heard nothing...then called them and was greeted with the news that they haven't yet ordered the parts so it will be another 2 weeks, and that is minimum.
    Do you guys think i have grounds to complain and get a new one sent or what?
    although i have bought a z2 since if i was sticking with the 200 i would have been mighty ****** off
    fred

3. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would not be happy if i bought something new and it was not perfect.

I would hassel panny. if that did not work it would break somehow. and it would be dameged in transit, if u no what I mean.

D

4. Kam the Man

Kam the Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £1400 for a Z2 overpriced? Sorry, Don't think so. :nono:

but for less than £1200 it's a steal! :clap:

sorry, but I'm well chuffed with it. Your Panny200 sounds a good price though.

5. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Fred, they've had it way too long. I'd demand a replacement now...

6. wilfnessmonster

wilfnessmonster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya.

May I be as rude to ask how you got it at such an exceptionally good price?!

Cheers.

7. Seb1

Seb1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    When I say 'overpriced' I don't mean the Z2 is not worth that kind of money as a product...

What I mean is that we all know the launch price of a new piece of technology always has an inflated price in order to take advantage of the consumers who must have the latest technology now!

I would say the actual price of the Z2 is closer to £1000 than £1400...

8. iMan

iMan
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought anything up to 6 dead pixels was considererd perfect?
    Also do you get dead pixels on DLP projectors? as I have a Mitsibushi XD300U DLP model.

9. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    You have to shop around to find a Z1 for that and thats now been replaced.

There was a pre-order deal through IVOJO that was fantastic. The gamble was that at the time no-one knew what the retail price was gonna be when officially released.

That is why a lot of members are singing the praises of IVOJO, me included :clap:

10. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +661
    Seb, I bought an AE100 about 6 weeks ago for £599 and it had 1 stuck blue pixel. I phoned panasonics product support line and was told I needed 4 before it would be fixed but was told to try phoning their customer help line. They were very helpful and sent a courier company round the next day and collected the projector. That was last friday and I got the repaired projecter this morning.