1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to use a remote control in my office to control a device in my lounge

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by jon_mendel, Mar 28, 2005.

1. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,

I gather that you can get widgets to let you use a remote control in one room to control a device in another - can anyone suggest a cheap-ish one that works OK? (oh, and if it'll also forward the signal from my freeview box to a TV that'd be bonus, although far from essential).

Cheers

Jon

2. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    For a cheapish solution, you may want to look at something along the lines of the Powermid remote extenders. Basically, you have a infra red receiver in one room (the one your in), which transmits the infra code as RF to a receiver in another room, which then translates the RF signal back into a IR signal,thus controlling your kit.

All for no more than about 50 quid.

3. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers, sounds like the type of thing I'd want. £50 is still kinda more than I was wanting to spend - rather than spend that, I think I'd rather just look on getting up to change CD tracks as good exercise ;) - but will see what I can find 2nd hand...

Jon

4. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I bought some of these el cheapo on eBay - about £16.50, so there is hope. :)