1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to see an HT200 in Orlando, Florida

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Brian Kendig, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Brian Kendig

Brian Kendig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've posted here before about my selection of a Seleco SIM2 HT200 DLP projector for the home theater in my living room. At first I read nothing but glowing praise about the unit, but then I began to find a lot of complaints about the rainbowing effect -- it ruins the viewing experience for some, while other people don't notice it at all. Fortunately I had my home theater company (Absolute Sound in Orlando, Florida, USA) hold off before they actually put in the order for this projector. (They were the ones who recommended it to me in the first place.)

Here's my problem: I want to see this projector in operation before I put down $8000 for it. But Absolute Sound tells me that (a) Seleco refuses to send them a demo unit of the HT200, (b) they won't sell me the projector then let me return it if the quality is sub-par, and (c) they don't know whether they can refer me to any other customers who have it installed so I can see it. So they're asking me to purchase the projector sight-unseen, which I just can't do.

I really don't need to spend the extra bucks for the HT200DM, because (a) I'll be connecting it to my video equipment over S-Video because it'll mostly be used for NTSC television and S-Video video games, and (b) I've heard people complain of rainbowing with the 200DM, too.

My questions:

(1) Are there any Seleco representatives out there who can help me find a way to see an HT200 demo unit in Orlando, Florida?

(2) Is there anyone here who lives in Orlando who has an HT200 and wouldn't mind letting me see it in operation?

(3) Barring all of the above, what other projectors (especially new releases) in the same price range (below $10,000) should I look at which would offer a good picture without rainbowing?

2. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16