I want to record Sky (and possibly my 360) on my PC - what do I need?

Park

I wanted to be able to record from stuff like my 360 and Sky, and got an S-Video<->SCART converter (plus the S-Video lead to plug it into my TV card obviously), however now that I've tried it out (with Cable rather than Sky admittedly, since I haven't got the Sky set up yet), the picture quality is still pretty poor, plus I didn't realise that sound doesn't go through it (so maybe I need another lead or something?).

I obviously want it to be DVD-type quality. What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it or what do I need to get instead?

My PC Specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
RAM: 1.5GB
TV Card: KWorld DVB-T PCI 100 (I think that's what it's called anyway)
Graphics Card: GeForce FX5200 128MB

Big_Vern

Hi,

Can't comment too much on the picture quality problem as I don't have Cable but I am feeding S-Video out from my Sky box to a Hauppauge PVR150 and outputting to a CRT TV via a RealMagic XCard and I'm quite happy with the picture.

One point to note - I happen to have a Sky box that has an S-Video connector so I'm not having to use a convertor.

To get sound in you'll need one ot these to go from your SCART adaptor to the line in of your sound card:

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=591

Regards
Big_Vern

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom