1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to hook up my Nintendo DS to my sound system but the leads are too big!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Proto Omega, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Proto Omega

Proto Omega
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    However all the 3.5mm Stereo Plug to 2 Phono Leads that I have seen the 3.5mm stereo input does not go into the DS properly...its keeps coming out as the DS is designed in a way where the back of it is protruding out from the rest which makes it difficult for these kind of leads to go into it. headphones go into it fine but the 3.5mm Stereo Plug to 2 Phono Leads are usually too big and while it will go in, its pretty loose because of the round part of the leads and the design of the DS preventing it from going in properly. Is there a lead I can order that is small and is about 3-5metres in legnth. (in the UK)
    I bought this lead http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/PH203.html
    but the round part of it is too big and doesnt properly fit into the DS.

2. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Maplin used to sell a 3.5 to twin phono plug lead with a 'headphone' size plug on it, but I've had a quick look on their website and can't see it. I think it would only have been around the 1 metre lenght too so not really what you're after.

I reckon you might need to find someone handy with a soldering iron to make you one.