I want to have a central storage for my entertainment center, a NAS. can you guide me

H

HiSoC8Y

hi

i have a hitachi 42'' plasma, with popcorn hour, appletv, a custom pc build by myself, harmon kardon sound system, a panasonic DVR, with internal 400GB hard disk, and my vaio laptop.

now, since i got my popcorn hour, i found out that i need a central place to store my multimedia files, movies, videos, music...where i can access them from my popcorn hour, laptop,...etc

basically, i need a NAS, i need something with very high capacity of HDD....2-4 TB of space...

anything that you recommend?

i came across http://www.synology.com/enu/products/CS407e/index.php

any comments, or suggestion to other products

btw, i could simply build something myself, but it will take alot of time, which i dont have to spare. so i want to buy something that is ready.

thanks

inzaman

Moved to Computers as not DIY related :)

psikey

Distinguished Member
Look at QNAP TS209 & TS409. I have a TS109 Pro (single drive NAS) & it works great for my PC's & PS3

badbob

Banned
A basic PC with 4 hard drives won't take that long- just install OS and share the drives. If you do buy a NAS instead you'll want a 2-4 bay unit. I use a D-Link DNS-323 and does the job. One gripe is the loud fan.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom