I want to have a central storage for my entertainment center, a NAS. can you guide me

H

HiSoC8Y

hi

i have a hitachi 42'' plasma, with popcorn hour, appletv, a custom pc build by myself, harmon kardon sound system, a panasonic DVR, with internal 400GB hard disk, and my vaio laptop.

now, since i got my popcorn hour, i found out that i need a central place to store my multimedia files, movies, videos, music...where i can access them from my popcorn hour, laptop,...etc

basically, i need a NAS, i need something with very high capacity of HDD....2-4 TB of space...

anything that you recommend?

i came across http://www.synology.com/enu/products/CS407e/index.php

any comments, or suggestion to other products

btw, i could simply build something myself, but it will take alot of time, which i dont have to spare. so i want to buy something that is ready.

thanks

inzaman

Moved to Computers as not DIY related :)

psikey

Distinguished Member
Look at QNAP TS209 & TS409. I have a TS109 Pro (single drive NAS) & it works great for my PC's & PS3

badbob

Banned
A basic PC with 4 hard drives won't take that long- just install OS and share the drives. If you do buy a NAS instead you'll want a 2-4 bay unit. I use a D-Link DNS-323 and does the job. One gripe is the loud fan.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom