I want to get back into gaming but I’m rubbish at it

Pollywoggle

Well, my gaming abilities are a far cry (see what I did there? 😉) from where they used to be as I have a terminal illness (Motor Neurone Disease) which affects basically everything. I love driving games but I’m crap at them now, however I still enjoy them to some degree.

I always played games like Ghost Recon Future Soldier, GR Wildlands and more recently Breakpoint; tried Fallout 4 but couldn’t get into it at all and gave it away. I still occasionally play Wildlands and while I die probably where I shouldn’t I still enjoy it.

My son plays GTA 5 (mainly online) which was something I thought would be well beyond my diminishing abilities so gave it a wide berth for a couple of years, however a few months ago I was looking for a new game to play, saw GTA 5 for about £12 and bought it. I have to say that since then I’ve been really enjoying it - sure, I can’t play to the level that I’d like to but I accept my limitations and work with them.

So, I’d suggest giving GTA 5 a try. There’s LOADS to do - story mode, online etc. There are so many missions to do in the online game I haven’t even got round to trying a lot of them. Or...if you want something a bit different, slower paced, I’d suggest Elite Dangerous.
Thanks, I used to quite enjoy the original GTA, I bet it has changed quite a bit 😀

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I’m totally addicted to far cry 5. Can’t stop playing. I’ve heard far cry 3 is the best so after this will pick up 3 and 4.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Oh man, another one to add to the list! :D

It is different to other Far Cry games as you don't use guns and your a cave man but I loved it with the spears and the bow and arrow and animals. It's not overwhelming either which I found Far Cry 5 a bit overwhelming just too much to do where as Primal is easily completed and 100% without sinking 100+ hours into it.

There is a Digital Bundle of Far Cry 4 & Primal for £14 on the Xbox Store at the moment.

Also if you wanted Far Cry 3 you could buy Far Cry 5 Gold Edition which includes it and FC5 Season Pass for £14, Far Cry 3 on it's own is £25

I think Far Cry 3, 4 and Primal are some of the best ones. Far Cry 5 for me looks and plays great but there was just way too much to do, which isn't a bad thing but for me I just could not decide what to do when I loaded it up for an hour or 2.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
It is different to other Far Cry games as you don't use guns and your a cave man but I loved it with the spears and the bow and arrow and animals. It's not overwhelming either which I found Far Cry 5 a bit overwhelming just too much to do where as Primal is easily completed and 100% without sinking 100+ hours into it.

There is a Digital Bundle of Far Cry 4 & Primal for £14 on the Xbox Store at the moment.

Also if you wanted Far Cry 3 you could buy Far Cry 5 Gold Edition which includes it and FC5 Season Pass for £14, Far Cry 3 on it's own is £25

I think Far Cry 3, 4 and Primal are some of the best ones. Far Cry 5 for me looks and plays great but there was just way too much to do, which isn't a bad thing but for me I just could not decide what to do when I loaded it up for an hour or 2.
OK, will add that to the list too. I'm not even doing many story missions on Far Cry 5 as the side ones as such fun.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member

Dammit I wish I’d just jumped on your link as the offer has gone. I’m dragging out the ending of far cry 5 by trying to do all the missions.
not sure what to go for next, 3, 4 or primal.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Thanks. I wish they’d keep it simple with the different versions. Man I’m getting old! :D

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
There’s a lot of Xbox 360 versions that say compatible with Xbox one. Does that mean they’ll be Xbox one graphics?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
There’s a lot of Xbox 360 versions that say compatible with Xbox one. Does that mean they’ll be Xbox one graphics?

The Ones I linked to should all be Xbox One Versions, FC3 is a 360 Game but remade for Xbox One I believe.

Looks like most are out of stock though on there.

This one includes Primal and Far Cry 4, these aren't going to look as good as Far Cry 5 but they are great games

King Tones

Distinguished Member
There is also the Far Cry 4 Gold Edition which includes the Season Pass and loads of other stuff.
I still think FC4 and Primal are my favourites.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Thanks, I picked up a physical 4 and primal off eBay for £12. Should be here in a couple of days. Will have finished off 5 by then. Based on how much I liked 5, I cannot wait for 6.

Mango Bob

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone on this thread. Now the happy owner of a Series S and wading thru gamepass. Last console was a PS3 and really enjoying getting back into gaming! :)

Pollywoggle

This thread is hopefully going to be a goldmine over time, there must be so many of old and not so old gamers who left the scene to concentrate on other areas of our life👍
I remember playing Batman and New Zealand Story on the Amiga with my children when they were little and gradually they began to beat me at Kickoff and Speedball and then it was 3dfx graphics on the PC and GL Quake and getting myself thrashed on Half Life 2 online😀

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I finished farcry 5 and now playing on infamous mode while I wait for farcry 4 and primal to arrive. I also just ordered farcry 3 classic edition too. Oh dear. :D

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Having played about 10 hours of farcry 3, they have improved/tweaked literally every aspect since then and 5. Farcry 3 is a great game so far but 5 is leagues above in terms of the game engine. Driving is getting on my nerves but other than that, it’s a more linear simplified style to 5. Looking forward to trying 4 and primal next. I’ll go back and finish off infamous mode on 5 after these, and then maybe farcry 6 will be down to a tenner. :D

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom