I want to get a 32WLT68 from john lewis, what do I do now?

J

Jayboyd

Basically after much umming and arring I have finally decided to get a 32WLT68.

I was going to buy it from Beyond television as I bought my last TV from there and they have a no questions asked return policy if your not happy with your set. The price there is £647 at the time of writing (plus 25 for delivery)

Anyway, the inlaw has said he would help me go collect the TV if I want to buy it from a store next weekend (I dont drive)....

On these forums I have read that John Lewis price match to Empire direct, is this true? On ED the price is 700 for the TV and all JL's tvs have a 5 year guarentee. Thats gotta be worth the extra £30 odd?

How do I go about getting JL to price match this set and how long does it take as I would really like to go down there next weekend (21st April) to collect it... Is this realistic?

Go to the John Lewis website and find the store contact info for the store you want to get it from. Send them an email including your name, phone number and snail mail address. Ask them for a price match with Empire Direct at such a price and make certain to quote the TV model number.

They will send you a letter with the price match confirmation if they agree to it, otherwise they will probably phone you with a reason why it can't be done (ED out of stock etc).

When I did my price match it took less than 48 hours to get my letter.

Oh and you've made a great choice with the TV, by the way. ;)

They might even get back to you quicker than that. They phoned me the same day I sent off the email to confirm they'd received the email, then phoned me again the next day to tell me yes, and give me a reference number. They said I didn't need a letter but they'd send one anyway. I actually went out and bought the TV off them before the letter arrived.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom