• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

I want to change an icon for one of my apps - how do I do it?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I don't want to apply an app icon pack, I just want to change one icon, and it's for a proper App Store app as opposed to a third party app...

But I can't figure out which file I want to change!

1248wuruh9.png

Now, I want to change it as it looks rubbish. I'd like to change it to something like this;

which is the Google Docs icon - which is fitting as the MiGhtyDOCS app is for viewing Google Docs files...

But, I don't know which file to replace...

When I go into the phone root using iPhoneBrowser, I have no trouble locating the app folder (root>user>applications>folder for MiGhtyDOCS), and in it are two files that seems to be related: in the main folder is "iTunesArtwork" of a non-descript file type, and then within that tree is another folder called "MiGhtyDocs.app" and inside that is a file called "icon_small.png"

Both have the same picture in them, which is the icon seen on my screen grab above. The "icon_small.png" file is 57x57, and the "iTunesArtwork" file, when dragged into Paint Shop Pro, is the same image but 512x512. Both are square and not rounded corners like on the springboard...

Which do I change, or do I change both, and at what size, and if I do all this, will it just revert everytime that app updates, or a sync is made with iTunes?

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom