I want to buy a new TV, and need help to decide

Uros

Novice Member
Reaction score
It will be my birthday shortly, and i decided to finally upgrade my Tv (CRT) to a LED, OLED is just to expensive and i want 1080p not 4k or U4k so it really does not suit me. I have been looking all over the shops for about 1-2 months now, and still i am undecided as to what TV i will buy. I even posted on Toms Hardware, but i did not get any response at all, so i stumbled here by accident. I would like to play The Division on this TV so it should have low input lag. I found i article whic shows some TVs with low input lag, and the 40W605 and UE40H5500 are in my price range and in my size range :)
But ive also looked at some LG models, but i couldnt find lag results for them
1.LG 42LF561V 2.LG 42LF5800 3.LG 42LB630V
if anyone knows the input lag for these LG models, that would be great. Ive also found that the W605 has 50hz refresh rate, so is that accurate, or maybe a error in description.
On the forums i found a decision between the W605 and W705, so how big a difference is there between these two, and are they better than the LG or Samsung models, or the other way around. I would like to hear any thoughts on my question, so i can make a better decision, and the TV would be connected to my PC and used for gaming and watching stuff on it (Movies,TV Shows,Sports,etc).
P.S. If anyone is interested to look at what the stores in my country are offering, in terms of TV models, i will post a link to a website which has i think all the mayor stores on price check so every model that is posted on every website for my country will be there (i hope) so you can maybe suggest a model i overlooked or did not notice, but there are essentials that it has to have : 1.Full HD only 2. 2HDMI ports minimum 3. Low input lag or medium if its a good set 4. 40-44 inches 5. And i read that its better to buy a tv which states that it has 60hZ, than others like 200,120,..
Televizori - LED Televizori cene, komentari i specifikacije

It has North American models, which are mainly different but you get a better idea about what's needed to make a good TV for gaming. It's not only input lag that's important.
The Best Gaming TVs - Winter 2016: Reviews
Do you know what your budget equates to in Euro or pounds?

Also, it's worth mentioning new models are coming out soon so you may want to wait until then to buy.

Some tvs it's hard to find reviews of, especially cheaper models. Which is probably why you can't find the input lag figure for those lgs

I was looking at the sony w series, mainly the w605, and w705. But then i found out that the w705c is worse than what i read for w705b, and there are and i dont think there will be w605, i even found a 48 for the same price as the w705c which had 40 inches, and now im in a pickle, might as well hold off but the new models will probably be 4k or some fancy stuff like that, but i dont need it nor do i want it. Too bad was really looking forward to owning a good tv for gaming and enjoying movies

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom