1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want the best advice from you legends!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Froggins, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Froggins

Froggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been scanning this forum for a while and are now about to embark on a setting up a mini cinema in my home!
    I'm looking to buy a 37" PannyPE30 and have it wall mounted! Comments pls
    How high should i have it mounted, i have a large square room so space isn't an issue!
    Connecting it to a Sony DAV 500 surround sound (not the best but it will do!)
    I have Sky + but that is fed into from another room!
    Any special leads that i should invest in to make the picture qualty superb?
    Does anybody know of any trunking that is pretty unnoticeable (to a certain degree)! or should i channel into the wall?
    Any comments will be much appreciated! :thumbsup:
    Most important wheres the cheapeest but most reliable vendor? :lesson:

2. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    One bit of advice I would offer is as you have sound and Sky+, look into the Panasonic PW6. You can get a 42" for around £2K. The actaul dimensions are pretty similar and I am sure you would regret not going for the bigger one!

3. Froggins

Froggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Parklife!
    Aren't i buying old technology of i buy the PW6? Isn't the 7 series coming out soon?
    Has the PW6 got built in sound and tuner?

4. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The Viera is based on the same screen as the PW6. The PW6 however can accept 720p (Viera's do not) which would be worthwhile as this is what sky are rumoured to use for their HD service. It also has a few more picture tweeks. So with the PW6 you are a little more future proof.

It does not have a tuner or speakers, although you can get both as an extra. But if you have sky and a surround sound system do you need these?

If you have a search the Viera is a great plasma TV, and is more of a direct replacement for a CRT.

Both are great screens, and for a similar amount of money you can get a bigger screen!! I thought about a 37 but when seeing they were almost the same size I opted for the 42 PW6 and am well pleased I did.

The 7 series is rumoured to be coming out later this year, but as yet not much is known.