I want sky plus, but i dont want any new cables installed!

ricflairandy

I want sky plus, so thinking of sseeing if ican get a good deal from them regards thsi.

However, i have recently moved my avgear , and hidden the sky cable behind the skirting, i dont want to have to rip this off, so would i be able to just keep the same cable?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
you could but all you would be able to do is to record what you watch or watch what you record and not be able to record anything else at the same time ;):thumbsdow

ricflairandy

thats fine, im not really botherd about that.

thanks.

I assume this would be the same for skyhd? And that the anytime fucions would still work ?

thats fine, im not really botherd about that.

thanks.

I assume this would be the same for skyhd? And that the anytime fucions would still work ?
Why, oh why do people insist on hiding their cabling without future proofing it - easy with a small amount of thought or asking a question or two here first.

The Anytime functions would only work in a very limited way and you would only receive less than half the available Anytime downloads. For full functionality of Sky+ or HD you are going to have to bite the bullet and fit the extra cable. You will be extremely unlikely to get a deal from Sky on this as Sky installers can and probably will refuse to install without the extra cabling and the ability to inspect the current cabling to check for damage to the cable which possibly could damage the box they install - they after all are offering a guarantee on the complete installation. The only way you will probably get the installation you want on one cable is to buy the box elsewhere and DIY OR go through a local independant installer. Sky will only do a standard install and this means two cables NOT just one.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom