1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want my lcd screen ceiling mounted above my bed any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by newstuart, Jan 22, 2005.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi i have a 17" lcd tv in my bedroom that i would like to have ceiling mounted above my bed ideally being about 20" down from the ceiling tilted forwards.

Has anyone done this ? if so how and what problems did they have with getting a good fix in the ceiling(dont want it droping on the other halfs head in the middle of the night (well maybe not !) :nono:

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can't think of a wall bracket that would be able to tilt that far. If you do, you might be able to bolt the LCD screen upside down on the bracket.

With regards to getting a good fix, you obviously have to bolt it to the joists in the ceiling. If you're in a house, go into the loft and check out where these are. Even better would be to put a piece of MDF between 2 joists (Secured in someway to the joists) and bolting the bracket through the ceiling into the MDF.
    If you're in a flat, pop down to Wickes and buy a Beam Finder.

HTH,

Richie.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    For a 17" unit, what about getting a cheap bracket welded to a threaded bolt and covered by some stainless steel piping to keep it neat? It could even cover the cabling. With the right bracket and a bit of careful design and build, im sure it would tilt, swivel and rotate at the desired length and be quite cheap to make - assuming you know a friendly welder.

-Ian