• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I want Bass !

stephen_

Established Member
As above, i want BASS

Going to be building a home cinema in my new house, so looking at buying the components over the next few months.
One thing i totally love is bass, my panny home cinema system i have at the moment doesnt excite me at all.
So first of all what speakers do you recommend that will be coupled up to a 5.1 system.
I will be asking similar questions in the amplifier & subs sections as well.

Thanks y'all

stephen_

Established Member
10k all in though thats going to be everything i need
Would consider 2nd hand also

Llanowar

Standard Member
stephen_ said:
10k all in though thats going to be everything i need
Would consider 2nd hand also

Do you have a projector/screen or plasma? If not i would look into that as well for the ultimate home ciname.

Further i would get the new denon 4306 receiver, the upcoming denon 3830 dvd-player. As speakers probably the monitor audio gold series (20's/60's upfront, and the dual gsfx's as rears, great for movies!!). As subwoofers i would definitely recommend SVS (check them out here http://www.svsound.com), the cylinder ones give the most extension, but the square ones (especially in wood) might be a bit more room friendly.

This would definitely give you a whole new dimension to movies!

stephen_

Established Member
I have a plasma in the main lounge Panny 42PE50B, so probs get another panny with HDMI or a pioneer

Llanowar said:
Do you have a projector/screen or plasma? If not i would look into that as well for the ultimate home ciname.

Further i would get the new denon 4306 receiver, the upcoming denon 3830 dvd-player. As speakers probably the monitor audio gold series (20's/60's upfront, and the dual gsfx's as rears, great for movies!!). As subwoofers i would definitely recommend SVS (check them out here http://www.svsound.com), the cylinder ones give the most extension, but the square ones (especially in wood) might be a bit more room friendly.

This would definitely give you a whole new dimension to movies!

WOW that would be a good system and what I would of said for sure. And boy that would blow your socks off, with bass so loud and deep u will worry about your house structure and your hearing lol

Dave

Distinguished Member
SVS all the way.

I have a PB10 which is their cheapest sub. I got it on Friday, never even turned it up that loud and a picture fell off the wall upstairs.

The bass is incredible.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom