I want Bass !

stephen_

As above, i want BASS

Going to be building a home cinema in my new house, so looking at buying the components over the next few months.
One thing i totally love is bass, my panny home cinema system i have at the moment doesnt excite me at all.
So first of all what sub do you recommend that will be coupled up to a 5.1 system.
I will be asking similar questions in the amplifier & speakers sections as well.

Thanks y'all

:hiya:

joffy1780

What kind of budget and space limitations do you have?

SoundVision

Hi Stephen,
I enjoy bass as well in my system.
I recommend M&K subwoofer KX12 £695 is an awesome sub, if you want bass go for B&W 600 series speakers, ive got the B&Wdm601s3 £250 for front,
B&Wlcr60s3 for centre £200 & rears B&W Ds6s3 £495.
Arcam receiver Avr350 & Arcam Dv137 dvdplayer , Qed Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable. There you go heres a system too take care of both your Movie & Music needs all in one. :thumbsup:

stephen_

JUST ROCK said:
Hi Stephen,
I enjoy bass as well in my system.
I recommend M&K subwoofer KX12 £695 is an awesome sub, if you want bass go for B&W 600 series speakers, ive got the B&Wdm601s3 £250 for front,
B&Wlcr60s3 for centre £200 & rears B&W Ds6s3 £495.
Arcam receiver Avr350 & Arcam Dv137 dvdplayer , Qed Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable. There you go heres a system too take care of both your Movie & Music needs all in one. :thumbsup:

Thanks, sounds awesome :smashin:

Were could i find these ??

stephen_

joffy1780 said:
What kind of budget and space limitations do you have?
10k for everything, would consider 2nd hand stuff also
Also room will be probably around 4.8m x 2.8m

SoundVision

Hi Stephen,
I bought my B&W speakers \ Arcam Receiver & Dvdplayer from Seven Oaks Sound & Vision.
M&K subwoofer from Audio T ,both shops you can find all around the country.

B&Wdm601s3 front speakers £250
B&Wlcr60s3 centre speaker £200
B&Wds6s3 rear speakers £495
M&K kx12 subwoofer £695
Arcam avr350 receiver £1500
Arcam dv137 dvdplayer £1200
Total = £3340
As you can see it is well in your £10k budget & your room dimensions 4.8m x 2.8m there should be well enough BASS ! :cool:

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Stephen

If you are spending around £10k you need to get yourself down to a decent a/v store,such as a Sevenoaks or superfi and have them demo some components for you.

We can all recomend our favourites for you but with a budget like you are considering spending you need to get it right first time.The only way is to listen with your own ears.:)and see with your own eyes

You also need to consider do you want a system for movies,music or both and is it a dedicated room, if so are you considering plasma/lcd or projector.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
My system pictured in the link below would meet your requirmements for bass. My room is almost the same size as yours (4.7m x 3.6m)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom