I want 1080/24P - But don't know where to go....

W

Woodmd2

Hi All,

Need some expert opinions.

I'm looking for my 1st LCD TV something near 40", and having done some research, and seeing as I keep my TV's till they die, it looks like I need to buy something that can support 1080/24P as a minimum spec.

Have been looking at the new x3000 models from Sony, so know they are out there and what they do, but would really like some experience from you all on if there are any serious competitors that support 1080/24P or are about to, and preferably cheaper....

Thanks,

The Samsung LE-40F86 is cheaper

You've got the Samsung M86/M87, did have problems with PS3 Blu-Ray, but a PS3 firmware update sorted that. And Samsung have updated EDID/Firmware

as above samsung m87,with later firmware plays blu-ray sweet as.

I do like the look of the Samsung, just never sure if it would perform as well as the big guys such as Sony's, Panny, Tosh's etc.

Personally I believe
Sony bravia's are on top
Samsung's are second with little difference

Personally I believe
Sony bravia's are on top
Samsung's are second with little difference

Hmmm sig...slightly biased perhaps?
In the 70's Sony were the best (along with Grundig) but not now.

Come on!!Dont go so back!!!!Anyway personal opinion

Intersting I don't see anyone pushing the Toshiba's and Philips, are they not as good?

And this Ambilight business, is it a gimick or does it really enhance the viewing ?

Definate fanboy. :D

I am trying to keep inside me my "love" for sony.If you could see some of my posts I have suggested many samsung's,toshiba's,sharp's....And not only sony:hiya:

I do like the look of the Samsung, just never sure if it would perform as well as the big guys such as Sony's, Panny, Tosh's etc.

Take a look at the upcoming Toshiba Z series, 42" due out in about 15 days time, it's specs are very similar to the bravia 3000 series but at probhably a grand cheaper!.

Yeah spotted that one, will have to do some research for early reviews....

Take a look at the upcoming Toshiba Z series, 42" due out in about 15 days time, it's specs are very similar to the bravia 3000 series but at probhably a grand cheaper!.
The only worry for the Z series is the 24p support. I believe they are doing it differently to how it is normally done.

Wait for revews.

The only worry for the Z series is the 24p support. I believe they are doing it differently to how it is normally done.

Wait for revews.

There is no way now that z would not have proper 24Hz support. They are openly claiming 5:5 pulldown ;24Hz->120Hz without motion vector interpolation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom