I tunes problem... help

colinb07958

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am fairly new to I tunes. I just bought a 2 cd compilation album. I copied disc 1 to i tunes, then I copied disc 2, but they are both the same title, so disc 2 wiped disc one. As it didnt come up with disc 1 and disc 2.

What do i do?

colinb07958 said:
I am fairly new to I tunes. I just bought a 2 cd compilation album. I copied disc 1 to i tunes, then I copied disc 2, but they are both the same title, so disc 2 wiped disc one. As it didnt come up with disc 1 and disc 2.

What do i do?

Copy disk 1 to iTunes, then manualy change the name of disk 1 to something else.
Then copy disk 2.
All should be OK after this.
Good luck.

Hi colinb07958, :hiya:

All you need to do (for each individual track) is highlight the track you want to change in your Library, then select File from the menu top left, and then select Get Info from the drop down list. A pop up box will then open. You then simply select the Info tab in the pop up box. You can then adjust any of the fields on this tab as you care to. There's actually the chance to add the info "Disc 1 Of 2". Once you have made any changes click on OK and that's it.

Quick Tip: Be sure to change all of the tracks on the disc in the same way or they will be fragmented all over your Library page, ie if you put a different Year or Genre on some than you put on others.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
Keith.

cheers dude. also the sound is not that great from nano, what rate shall i load my music up? I have some superb headphones. also what is best setting on EQ on nano?

Thanks for all help :thumbsup:

Feel free to shoot me down if advice conflicts or is duplicated elsewhere. I am in the process of ripping my cd collection to mp3 through itunes and have come up with a few tips to reduce some of the hassles.
Gracenote internet database sometimes has a few issues with multi-cd compilations. It's often easier to change the name of the album before ripping.
Ie. Insert your cd, in itunes go to the cd, and it should list artist, album, etc. If you know that you have several cd's as part of a set then I suggest you do the following :-
- Click 'Edit' then 'Select All', right click the selection and then hit 'Get Info'.
- If part of a compilation ensure that this box is ticked yes. This will then put the album in the compilations folder of your itunes directory.
- In the album title, add (CD 1 of 3) or whatever to correspond the CD that you are ripping.
- Repeat for other CD's in the set, adding (CD 2 of 3) and so on.
Secondly, if you need to amend anything, do it from within Itunes, and not via the My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music folder. iTunes will keep your file structure up to date but if you do it the other way round, iTunes will just cough up an error stating it cant find the track.
Trust this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom