I tried to do modchip now need softmod!

D

dongratius

Sad but true....I tried to fit a mod chip this arvo...didn't go as planned. My soldering iron let me down in a big way. On the plus side the xbox still boots up so I am now thinking of soft modding it.

I thought about doing the hdd hot swap..but that sounds too scary.

Anyone know where I can get all the right bits and pieces to do this?ie mechassualt and action replay

Thanks all

m00nie3201

i made my own kit using a usb pen drive as the memory card.
downloaded action replay software, all ready had splinter cell game. downloaded the files. used the end of an old game controller. just needed to buy the female usb lead for my pen drive to conect to. got a usb extension lead for £1 from computer fair for this. job done.........

D

dongratius

Cheers for that. I've just bought a usb adaptor and splinter cell...all being well my memory stick will work with it!

John

Its funny , I once tried a softmod but ended up needing a modchip :rotfl:

doomlord

i made my own kit using a usb pen drive as the memory card.
downloaded action replay software, all ready had splinter cell game. downloaded the files. used the end of an old game controller. just needed to buy the female usb lead for my pen drive to conect to. got a usb extension lead for £1 from computer fair for this. job done.........

Did a similar thing here but bought an Xbox to USB adaptor off ebay.
Was pretty easy in the end.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom