I thought Prem Plus was going to be HD?

balb0wa

it wont let me record it, very annoying on HD

says was allready ordered and cannot be recorded at 12.54pm:eek: , can watch it ok though

brendan_dj

Novice Member
balb0wa said:
it wont let me record it, very annoying on HD

says was allready ordered and cannot be recorded at 12.54pm:eek: , can watch it ok though
I recorded yesterday's game fine! I added it to the Sky+ planner well in advance of the game.

I tried to record today's game after it had started. It wouldn't let me, telling me that this programme cannot be recorded.

I will be away next weekend and have added the Man City v Arsenal to my planner to record. It added fine and noticed a message saying that it will be automatically deleted on September 3rd at 0:59am

J Roadley

Man Utd v Fulham

Anyone else notice the camera "on the ground" wasn't a HD one? Looked very blurred when they used that camera. When they switched to a camera in the stands it was so much clearer.

They just can't get it 100% can they :(

Ewoody

camera at pitchside definately SD camera, it was a huge difference when Sky switched to the main camera.

Yesterday at bolton was the same.

Starburst

Novice Member
I wonder if there are any HD steady cams that can be used in a live enviroment after all the ones you see in US studios (Dead Zone, SG1 etc) are all cabled up to an editing/monitoring station.

That aside seamless SD upscaling within a live HD broadcast, good stop gap until the third party OB units can offer the technology.

hdsport

Starburst said:
I wonder if there are any HD steady cams that can be used in a live enviroment after all the ones you see in US studios (Dead Zone, SG1 etc) are all cabled up to an editing/monitoring station.

That aside seamless SD upscaling within a live HD broadcast, good stop gap until the third party OB units can offer the technology.
I think I read that ABC had 2 that make their debut at Superbowl XL this year...hopefully they'll be over here soon...

Kevo

J Roadley said:
Man Utd v Fulham

Anyone else notice the camera "on the ground" wasn't a HD one? Looked very blurred when they used that camera. When they switched to a camera in the stands it was so much clearer.

They just can't get it 100% can they :(
Not yet. Read an interview with some Sky techie chief that they were having problems with HD signals/extra data and remote cameras so had to revert to SD cameras.