I think trees are damaging my house - how to get them removed?

7ofnine

I've noticed that there's been some movement in one of my garage walls. We have several trees on that side of the property just outside the boundary fence, which are maintained by the council. The trees aren't huge and I'm not sure if they are causing the damage, but they are very close.
Does anyone know the process I have to go through to get the situation assessed, and if causing problems have the closest trees removed?

the whistler

Consult your home insurance company (if you have one) At the end of the day, they will have to pay for any repairs, so maybe they can advise.

7ofnine

I'd rather not alarm the insurance company unnecessarily, just wanting to get some assessment of what may have caused it at this point.

MIghtyG

Probably best getting some builders in to asses the damage and get their opinion on where it is coming from, once you know the source then it would be easier to follow up?

fizl

The trees aren't in your garden are they? I assume that the council has responsibility for any damage caused by them (although that is common sense talking, not any experience in this)

Shaz

Tell them now - if they ever find out you knew about an issue or potential issue such as this, they may refuse to pay / help as you did not disclose material facts as soon as you were aware.

QUOTE=orpheus;14604380]I'd rather not alarm the insurance company unnecessarily, just wanting to get some assessment of what may have caused it at this point.[/QUOTE]

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom