1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my Pronto 950 is faulty

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by owenw, Aug 11, 2003.

1. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just received a new Pronto RU950 today and after less than 2 hours trying it out this evening the screen has gone wrong! :confused: When you press a button the backlight activates but nothing appears on the screen. It just shows the entire screen in dark blue with a lighter turqouise edge (the usual background colour)

Anyone experienced this with their Pronto? Has it got a faulty screen or is it a software glitch?

Upgrading to the latest firmware didn't make any difference btw.

I have already emailed to the supplier. So'll I'll see what they have to say.

OwenW

2. Dave777

Dave777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have you checked the contrast setting?

You never know trying simple things!!

HTH

Dave

3. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have Dave, to no avail :(

Just noticed while pressing the contrast minus key, theres an intermittant fine line running down the entire length of the screen which fades to dark blue after a second or two.

Any other ideas?

Thanks anyway,
    Owen

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Are you talking about the hard buttons?

If so I believe that unlike with 940 you have to press them twice on the 950 to activate the command.

5. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Kevo,

I had no problems with the hard buttons or touchscreen for 2 hours after taking it out of the box.

Everything worked properly then I put it down for a moment and the next time I picked it up the two thirds of the screen was blank. you could just make out ther edge of the buttons on screen. Then the screen went completely blue.

When you press a hard button or the screen the backlight works fine, but the LCD doesn't display anything at all. It looks to me as though the LCD screen has gone faulty

I just started it up again and the screen is still totally blue. If you look closely there is a fine line running vertically the entire length of the screen about a third of the way across the display and then veering off at about a 60degree angle right on the top edge of the display (just under the screen fascia). Could it be the LCD contoller chip which is faulty?

OwenW

6. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I got a response from the web company (I won't name them)
    to "try the contrast level"
    I told them more of the symptoms which occured today and sent them some photos of the screen.

They then replied saying to return it to be checked and swapped for a new one. Hopefully this won't take too long and the replacement will last more than 2 hours!! :D

Owen