I think I have been scammed

krydlee

Novice Member
Hi,

I recently purchased an item from the website Miniature Projector NOR
But when I purchased the item, it never gave me an order number or shipping information (days it will take or tracking number) so I got a bit worried. The site didn't look that scammy, but there it was still a bit weird.
I went to their "contact" section and they simply had a sentence " Please feel free to contact our services at : [email protected] "

So I did. I sent them an email, and guess what; i got this notificiation from Google. WHAT DO I DO? WAS I SCAMMED?
1617102234983.png
What do I do?They have already charged my account? Should I wait and see if I get the package?

mjn

Distinguished Member
Wait. See if it arrives. If not, contact credit card company.

Autumn Rain

Wait. See if it arrives. If not, contact credit card company.
This. I'd give it a few weeks and if there is no sight of it, contact your bank or CC company explaining that you have attempted to contact the company you bought it from to no avail.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Without confirming, it looks like the website is in Swedish? Well, some of the words are. Some sections also in English.

krydlee

Novice Member
This. I'd give it a few weeks and if there is no sight of it, contact your bank or CC company explaining that you have attempted to contact the company you bought it from to no avail.
Oh okay! But, the purchase wasn't extremely big, do I still contact the company? I paid with my debit card btw.

mjn

Distinguished Member
I paid with my debit card btw.

I could be wrong, but i think you have more rights when paying with debit cards than before, but should always pay with credit cards.

krydlee

Novice Member
Without confirming, it looks like the website is in Swedish? Well, some of the words are. Some sections also in English.
I think it is Norwegian, I am norwegian but I got this website from a tiktok AD

mjn

Distinguished Member
I think it is Norwegian, I am norwegian but I got this website from a tiktok AD

Close enough. All foreign ;)

I’d have to dig deeper, but the website doesn’t scream out scam to me. Even though the email didn’t work, have you tried any of their social media accounts?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
So they sell just one product at 1/8th of the retail price? Yeah, you've been scammed in my opinion.

krydlee

Novice Member
Always use credit card for purchases over £100, as you have protection.
Close enough. All foreign ;)

I’d have to dig deeper, but the website doesn’t scream out scam to me. Even though the email didn’t work, have you tried any of their social media accounts?
The purchase wasn't over 100 pounds. And yeah, I tried to do some online "website detector" tests and all came out positive. I just found it weird that their contact email didn't work, that I wasn't given an order confirmation email nor an order number and I can't seem to find their social media. When you search up the store on google "Cassable-citrique" lot's of weird stuff comes up.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Also their facebook links to nothing and instagram to shopify. Scam.

rousetafarian

What should I do?
Contact your debit card issuer immediately, explain your concern and ask them to freeze the card (or try using your banking app to do the same)

krydlee

Novice Member
Contact your debit card issuer immediately, explain your concern and ask them to freeze the card (or try using your banking app to do the same)
I contacted them, I didn't freeze it because It's my only card and I don't have extreme amounts of money in there, but I did order a new card and if I see that they are taking money from my account, then I'll freeze it.

rousetafarian

I contacted them, I didn't freeze it because It's my only card and I don't have extreme amounts of money in there, but I did order a new card and if I see that they are taking money from my account, then I'll freeze it.
In the UK if you notice any suspicious activity on your account (new direct debit, unauthorised payment etc) then you are expected to report this to the bank (and probably liable for any loss if you don’t or wait).

Freeze your card now, and whilst waiting for the new card you may still be able to use Apple Pay, Paypal, whatever

krydlee

Novice Member
In the UK if you notice any suspicious activity on your account (new direct debit, unauthorised payment etc) then you are expected to report this to the bank (and probably liable for any loss if you don’t or wait).

Freeze your card now, and whilst waiting for the new card you may still be able to use Apple Pay, Paypal, whatever
They told me to always look at my account and If i see anything like such, I have to contact the bank.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
On the flip side, I can't help but think this could also be a scam thread :rotfl:
Why sign up here just to ask this question? It's a good way to get a link to the shop picked up in organic link building.

Pplus3

Hi,

I recently purchased an item from the website Miniature Projector NOR
But when I purchased the item, it never gave me an order number or shipping information (days it will take or tracking number) so I got a bit worried. The site didn't look that scammy, but there it was still a bit weird.
I went to their "contact" section and they simply had a sentence " Please feel free to contact our services at : [email protected] "

So I did. I sent them an email, and guess what; i got this notificiation from Google. WHAT DO I DO? WAS I SCAMMED?
View attachment 1485539What do I do?They have already charged my account? Should I wait and see if I get the package?
So... as you say "it didn't look that scammy" Just how "scammy" does a site have to LOOK before you'll "part" with your hard earned cash (I presume you work for a living!!?)

What just was the "item" in question? Was it available "elsewhere" and what payment method did you "use" (if you bothered to educate yourself before hand Certain providers provide "back up" for situations like this..... however I guess that you "let your impulses" get the better of you without doing the required homework!!!!

ALL of us have a "duty" to be wary when we shop "online", especially during COVID 19, as more of us are shopping online & Staying at home and protecting the NHS!!!

Chalk this up as a "lesson" and next time, don't part with your money (or perhaps it's on credit card - which is always easier to spend than your "OWN"!!!???)

krydlee

Novice Member
On the flip side, I can't help but think this could also be a scam thread :rotfl:
Why sign up here just to ask this question? It's a good way to get a link to the shop picked up in organic link building.
Because I'm 15 and I'm worried lol? Ok mr. conspiracy theorist

krydlee

Novice Member
So... as you say "it didn't look that scammy" Just how "scammy" does a site have to LOOK before you'll "part" with your hard earned cash (I presume you work for a living!!?)

What just was the "item" in question? Was it available "elsewhere" and what payment method did you "use" (if you bothered to educate yourself before hand Certain providers provide "back up" for situations like this..... however I guess that you "let your impulses" get the better of you without doing the required homework!!!!

ALL of us have a "duty" to be wary when we shop "online", especially during COVID 19, as more of us are shopping online & Staying at home and protecting the NHS!!!

Chalk this up as a "lesson" and next time, don't part with your money (or perhaps it's on credit card - which is always easier to spend than your "OWN"!!!???)
Why so bitter? I bought something online, realised that it might not be real website, and 16 year old me needed some help to figure out what I should do?

mjn

Distinguished Member

Relax. You’ll live longer.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Hisense TVs get Disney+ on VIDAA smart OS
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern launches entry level SR25 MKII portable music player
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021