I, the Jury (1953) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.com - WowHD

Release date: 08/11/2022 (US)

ITJ_4K (US).jpg

Mickey Spillane’s two-fisted private detective Mike Hammer makes his film debut in I, The Jury, now available in stunning 4K UHD, Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray in this special limited edition from ClassicFlix.

After his best friend and war buddy is mysteriously gunned down, Mike Hammer (Biff Elliot) will stop at nothing to settle the score for the man who sacrificed a limb to save his own life during combat. Along the way, Hammer rides a fine line between gumshoe and a one-man jury, staying two-steps ahead of the law—and trying not to get bumped off in the process.

At the time I, the Jury was adapted for the silver screen in 1953, Mickey Spillane was the best-selling mystery writer in the world. Capitalizing on Spillane’s acclaim, producer Victor Saville bought the rights to Jury and tapped screenwriter Harry Essex (Kansas City Confidential) to both write and direct. Saville also secured the services of cinematographer John Alton (Raw Deal, T-Men)—the master of light and shadows—to lense this iconic film noir and famed composer Franz Waxman (Sunset Boulevard, A Place in the Sun) to produce the score.

Co-starring Preston Foster (The Informer) and Peggie Castle (The Long Wait), Jury also boasts solid support from Alan Reed, John Qualen, Tom Powers, Margaret Sheridan, Mary Anderson, Frances Osborne, Nestor Paiva, Joe Besser and Elisha Cook, Jr.
I, The Jury has been restored by UCLA Film and Television Archive in collaboration with PKL Pictures and Romulus Films. Laboratory services by Roundabout Entertainment, The UCLA Digital Lab, Audio Mechanics and Simon Daniel Sound. Special thanks to Connie Elliot, Nicholas Varley and Jonathan C. Woolf.
  • NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
  • Audio commentary by Mike Hammer continuation writer Max Allan Collins (Road to Perdition), co-author of Spillane - King of Pulp Fiction (with James L. Traylor)
  • Archival commentary with Biff Elliot from 2004 with nephew Josh Shalek (with thanks to Connie Elliot)
  • Excerpts from archival interview with Biff Elliot from 2006
  • Deep in the Shadows - The 3D World of I, The Jury
  • Unaired Mike Hammer TV Show Pilot from 1954 written and directed by Blake Edwards and starring Brian Keith
  • Two rarely seen O. Henry Playhouse TV episodes, one with Preston Foster and the other with Peggie Castle
  • Episode of TV Series Public Defender featuring Biff Elliot
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
  • 4K BLU-RAY/3D BLU-RAY/BLU-RAY COMBO RELEASE

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I hope its cheap as it does not look great from the trailer, and Biff no Ralph Meeker.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom