• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I Superbiker on BD-R?

Metalhead Pete

Established Member
I have just received a copy of I Superbiker from Lovefilm and it's on a BD-R.Checked it in my PC (using IMGBurn) and it appears to have been created using Nero and has no form of copy protection.Has anyone else got/rented this disc,is this normal for this title? I'm wondering if this is correct or has someone switched it in which case I need to inform Lovefilm in case they think it's me.

IAN P

Distinguished Member
So there's no pic or writing on said disc?

Sounds dodgy by all accounts. Drop Lovefilm a line.

Metalhead Pete

Established Member
No,It does haves artwork printed on the disc,I posted a couple of pics below.

IMGBurn reads disc as :

BD Disc Information:
Disc ID: RITEK-BR2-000
Disc Type: BD-R
Disc Size: 120mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Number of Layers: 1
Layer Type: Writable
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Layer Present: No
Channel Bit Length: 74.5nm (25GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL
BCA Present: Yes

Front of disc:

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad143/pete_212/SuperbikeFront.jpg

Back of disc:

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad143/pete_212/SuperbikeBack-1.jpg

As you can see it's definitely a BD-R,what I don't know is if this is normal for this title? If it is not then I probably do need to contact Lovefilm as previously mentioned.

Anyone else got this title?

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Depending on who put the disc out it might be legit.

I only say this because I recently bought the Royal International Air Tattoo 2010 BD and that came on a BD-R which had me concerned so I contacted the producers of the item and they informed me that due to predicted low sales figures and the cost of manufacture they could not put out the title as a pressed disc but only a BD-R, perhaps this is another example of a small release?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Yep, contact Lovefilm.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
The label looks legit so it might be what Indiana Jones saids but it must be rare if it happens.

RITEK-BR2-000 dye discs are rubbish too. They stop working after a short while and no player will recognise the discs.

Metalhead Pete

Established Member
The label looks legit so it might be what Indiana Jones saids but it must be rare if it happens.

RITEK-BR2-000 dye discs are rubbish too. They stop working after a short while and no player will recognise the discs.

Yeah,I had heard that but I have used a few and they have been OK so far (still time for them to stop working I suppose).If it is legit then it's not very good as I nearly bought it (£16 from Amazon),wouldn't have expected the film on a £1 Ritek BD-R for that.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Yeah,I had heard that but I have used a few and they have been OK so far (still time for them to stop working I suppose).If it is legit then it's not very good as I nearly bought it (£16 from Amazon),wouldn't have expected the film on a £1 Ritek BD-R for that.

I paid £3.50 per disc when they first came out and they all stopped working within a year.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I hope mine being on a Panasonic disc lasts longer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom