Question I suddenly have a tonne of Xbox 360 game updates on the X?!?

GhostRider17

Hey guys

I've noticed over the last week or two I've been asked to download a tonne of updates for games which seem to be mainly 360 games on my X.

Does anybody know what these patches actually do? They're usually around 300/400 mb each and I was kind of hoping they're enhancing a load of the older titles. Microsoft have stated though that they won't be adding any more B/C games so patching games for the X now seems unlikely maybe?

Looking at the games on the store only a few of them state they're X enhanced?

Indiana Jones

I have noticed this too, just assumed they were stability fixes.

GhostRider17

I have noticed this too, just assumed they were stability fixes.
You may be right,some of them are over the 1GB size though,seems a bit large for a 360 game. The Halo : Reach one got me a little excited, I'm currently just about to finish my run of the whole series aside from that one.

I'm gutted the F.E.A.R. games will never be added to B/C let alone enhanced though,I love that series!!!

Indiana Jones

You may be right,some of them are over the 1GB size though,seems a bit large for a 360 game. The Halo : Reach one got me a little excited, I'm currently just about to finish my run of the whole series aside from that one.

I'm gutted the F.E.A.R. games will never be added to B/C let alone enhanced though,I love that series!!!
Well Xbox 360 games ranged in size from a few hundred MB to 20Gb+ and updates can range from minor tweaks to completely new builds which require the whole game to be replaced.

I would like to play Halo Reach again but will wait for the 4K remaster to be added to The Master Chief Collection.

GhostRider17

Well Xbox 360 games ranged in size from a few hundred MB to 20Gb+ and updates can range from minor tweaks to completely new builds which require the whole game to be replaced.

I would like to play Halo Reach again but will wait for the 4K remaster to be added to The Master Chief Collection.
The whole game being replaced requiring more Gb does make sense. I think a majority of Xboxone games are completely replaced when downloading a massive patch as overall file size sometimes isn't much more than the original.

GhostRider17

I've just had another 21 360 games needing an update,including all of the lost planet games. I wonder if they're just prepping them for Scarlet? That's a fair while away yet though.

Top Bottom