1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I strongly advise NOT to but Mission To Mars

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dodgey, Oct 15, 2000.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's bloody aweful.

Simple

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I borrowed it from a friend the other night....have to agree, it was not very good!

And what was that ending all about???

I think someone (you know who you are!)thought they could 're-create' 2001.....but they were wrong....very,very wrong!!

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Seems there aren't any good Sci-Fi movies around these days.
    Watched it at the cinema and wasn't to impressed either, as well Supernova isn't that good (got it on VCD).

4. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You know, I was thinking that is felt very "2001-ish".

Why is it the Americans feel they have to fill every film with schmulch to make them sell? In MM-Mars they could not show enough pictures of the US flag. And all that "I love you son, I love you Mom" stuff. Urghhhhh!!.

It has it's place, but in films they show on Sky at lunch times.

5. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    Its unfortunate.. I first saw a preview of this back in January whilst on a business trip to Canada.

I so wanted this to be good, but shortly afterwards, a colleague went to Toronto to see it on the opening night, and reported back that it was s**t!

I was disappointed to say the least, but still hoped that it might be OK.

I almost went to see it when it came out in the UK, but didn't bother..

However, whilst on another trip to Canada last week, they had the DVD for 11 quid..

I knew that it was crap, but I had a friend who wanted it, so instead of talking him out of it, I did the 'honourable' thing of buying it, watching it and giving it to him.

To be honest, I expected it to be SO bad, that it actually turned out to be slightly better than I expected, but far FAR worse than I hoped.

Its a pretty poor film.. But, if you expect it to be REALLY bad, you might just find it passable.

6. Blade

Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I convince myself that Phantom Menace WILL be crap, will I fool myself into enjoying it when I eventually DO see it on DVD ?

7. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jon Weaver - Love the reasoning [​IMG]

My Brother now has a DVD so Xmas will be the perfect opportunity for my to buy "him" all the films I'm not so sure about [​IMG]

Blade - Pure genius. Now I have a reason to buy the Phantom Menace.

Then again, no, maybe not.

8. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Mission To Mars story is just The Abyss in space but made crap, I saw it at the cinema and some of the space bits made me motion sick !!!

9. Duncan

Duncan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even if you dont like TPM it is worth buying for demo quality material on the Pod Race and Dual of the Fates sequences.

I hp[e soundtrack will match the Jap LD we own- but hopefully improve the picture quality (which isnt bad at all anyway).

For all those bemoaning lack of punch in DVD soundtracks lets hope Lucas gets this one right...............