I still need to buy a laptop-Lenovo anyone.

madcyril

Established Member
Reaction score
Despite looking for what seems an eternity and posting numerous questions :blush: 'Cyril still has not purchased a laptop.General consensus here and elsewhere seems to recommend Toshiba's and Lenovo's and my budget is £500.For that money i want the best possible spec I can afford while not scrimping on build quality.

I've found this Lenovo which seems a fair spec for money when comparing to others I have looked at.I want it for every day use and I don't expect to be playing the latest games,mainly internet use,office work and playing the odd dvd.

I am looking to sort this this week so any advice on this laptop or others in my price bracket will gratefully received from those in the know.

IBM (now Lenovo) always made top quality notebooks, but not very exciting.

Forgive me if I've mentioned Dell Outlet before. You'll get a lot for your money:
Insprion 1501 Turion 64 MK36 (2.0GHz, 512K)
Operating System: English - Vista Home Basic
Memory: 1024MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)
Hard Disk Drive: 80GB (5, 400 rpm) Hard Drive
NoteBook Screen: 15.4 Wide Screen XGA TFT Display: 1280x800
Modem: Internal 56K Modem
DVD Drive: Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software
Dell Wireless 1390 802.11b/g 54Mbps Mini-PCI Wireless Card
65W AC Adapter
Price incl. VAT excl. del: £417.20

Lots of other models available, all with £95 off.

Have used Lenovo(IBM) laptops at work for a number of years now and have been really happy with reliability / stability and build quality.

Comet are currently doing an acer one for £399 (5051) which is similiar spec to Stiggy mentioned but comes with Vista premium but smaller screen i think.

Thanks for the replies.I have looked at the Dells but a number of people have warned me off them despite there favourable prices stating the build quality wasn't up-to standard and the limited 90day warranty on some.

Despite looking for what seems an eternity and posting numerous questions :blush: 'Cyril still has not purchased a laptop.General consensus here and elsewhere seems to recommend Toshiba's and Lenovo's and my budget is £500.For that money i want the best possible spec I can afford while not scrimping on build quality.

I've found this Lenovo which seems a fair spec for money when comparing to others I have looked at.I want it for every day use and I don't expect to be playing the latest games,mainly internet use,office work and playing the odd dvd.

I am looking to sort this this week so any advice on this laptop or others in my price bracket will gratefully received from those in the know.

Same Lenovo that I'm thinking of getting. Only thing that worries me, is the sound emissions, which state 40db... that seems very loud to me???

:thumbsup: Finally.I went for the Lenovo in the end.Ordered Wed.arrived yesterday:smashin: .Early days but well pleased with it.Thank for all advice offered here and on other threads.

:thumbsup: Finally.I went for the Lenovo in the end.Ordered Wed.arrived yesterday:smashin: .Early days but well pleased with it.Thank for all advice offered here and on other threads.

How is your experience with the Laptop? I would especially like to know if it is noisy at all.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom