I spoke to Luke Skywalker last week...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Movies Forum' started by Fillumgeek, Dec 18, 2017.

Tags:

1. Fillumgeek

Fillumgeek

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +670
      Occasionally in these parts I have annoyed people and inflated my own ego by mentioning film journalism bits I have done. :) Sorry about that.

That's all kind of over now and I enjoyed every minute of it. Especially having the chance to put a question of Mark Hamill himself last week at the European Press Event for The Last Jedi.

It is right here on this Youtube clip:
      Star Wars: The Last Jedi Press Conference in...

And if you are a bit of Star Wars fan, this is my defiantly non-spoiler-tastic feature article; a take on Star Wars fandom and the Over 40s, of which I am a card carrying member.

Star Wars and the over-40s

There we go. Enjoy Star Wars and enjoy the debate!

2. Robothamster

Robothamster
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +13,371
      Nice, was Mark H actually sleeping there, looked pretty fed up with the whole thing :laugh:

3. greenline

greenline

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +225
      there is a theory going around that mark hamill
      didnt know luke was going to be killed off in the last jedi, until he saw the film. as shown in the before and after at the last jedi premiere footage.

i guess were see if this was true in future interviews, in a few months time.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    4. Fillumgeek

Fillumgeek

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +670

Yeah, he seemed majorly jet-lagged nearly the whole time. A couple of times he actually said, "Sorry I wasn't listening." It was sort of a comedy act but sort of real. That must have been their 58th junket around the world. I was happy that he did perk up and answer my question really. I only went along to the thing to speak to him, that was my sole mission.

If you listen to Hamill's interviews and junkets, he told the Prince William and Harry story about 58 times as well, trotted it out for Graham Norton.

One theory I have..

I reckon Hamill and Rian Johnson agreed that Luke would not leave the Island to do major fight scenes. They would never admit this but I think they agreed, there was every chance this would look silly. Thus Rian went the whole.....route he went. Okay I'll put spoilers round this.