I sometimes get a flicker on action scenes...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Cameron, May 13, 2004.

1. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, well I'm still learning about the whole HTPC thing but its taking 'shape' nicely ;)

I use a radeon 9800, powerstrip, powerdvd 5, rme9632, sim2 dmf (1:1 but on 60 refresh and not 50).

On action scenes I seem to quite often get a flicker in the screen - its almost like half the screen (horizontaly) arrives a fraction of a second before the other half.

This is not the type of problem i am used to seeing with progressive scan i.e. there are no jaggies or anything.

Does anyone know why this is?

thanks

CaM

2. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +517
    u seem to know what your talking about!
    so im probably way off in suggesting have a look in the configuration of powerdvd to see if hardware accelaration is enabled if not try enabling it and try changing the bob/weave settings ihad trouble with this sort of thing awhile back, (im using a 9600) in the end i updated to the latest radeon drivers and it sorted it out!

3. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, thanks for your reply. I have the latest drivers but I haven't checked things such as hardware acceration etc... so I'll do that tonight.

thanks for the idea :)

CaM

4. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0