• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I sit 5ft/1 half metres away from the TV. 32" or 37" for my next TV?

iRED7i

Whats the best size do you think for the distance? i heard if you sit to close to a big screen the images can look blocky. How big is your TV and how far away do you sit? Also, what is your TV because im looking at the sony V series and the panasonic S series at the momment. My TV now is a 26" HD ready philips. But i want as big as i can get because i want it to be a worth while upgrade from a 26" and bigger is allways better!:smashin:

vickster

Distinguished Member
32" especially for SD content (might get away with bigger for PC, gaming or HD). I have a 37" plasma at around 8 feet and it is perfect, closer it would look less good

Monarch

Distinguished Member
I'd say 32" too, whether it should be Panasonic or Sony depends on useage really

EDIT: I sit around 2 metres away from my 32" TV, I could sit closer but I think if I sat any closer than 5ft it would be a bit too close

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom