I See You (2019)

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came on on my Netflix recommendation and found it a pleasant little film, thought it was going to be quite predictable but didn't see any of it coming as it takes quite a drastic turn half way through.

Plot: Strange occurrences plague a small town detective and his family as he investigates the disappearance of a young boy.

Came on on my Netflix recommendation and found it a pleasant little film, thought it was going to be quite predictable but didn't see any of it coming as it takes quite a drastic turn half way through.

Plot: Strange occurrences plague a small town detective and his family as he investigates the disappearance of a young boy.

Strange I have down as seen on Amazon, edit that was rental

I enjoyed it

Last edited:
It’s a great premise (when it plays it’s hand) just blandly executed. The biggest flaw lies in the casting, Helen Hunt, what on earth have you done to yourself !? I’m assuming she’s had a bunch of surgery and something horrible hasn’t befallen her, because her face can’t seem to move in this, it’s like she can barely open her mouth to speak ! The lead guy isn’t very good either, just listless. If I’m being fair, the script doesn’t exactly sparkle, not giving anyone a great deal to work with.
Tonally it’s quite clever
leading you toward believing something paranormal is afoot
and it‘s twists and turns are subtly effective.
6/10

I watched this not long back and thought it was decent fayre.

Structurally I was impressed and I didn't see what was coming. The script though was very clunky, and the casting woeful. With a bit more talent involved this could have been up there with one of the best of 2019.

And yes Helen Hunt, what have you done. I realise she's older now, but I've always thought she was very attractive; thinking back to the days of What Women Want and As Good As It Gets. But she's clearly had too much or some botched surgery and even looked in pain to be honest. Very sad.

Always fancied her in Twister
13C44E4D-347F-4045-AF9A-62C1D7ED4330.png

She was the ultimate girl next door in the 90s.

Watched this last night and it had more twists in it then a pretzel. Really like it. But yeah goddamn - Helen Hunt looks like the crypt keeper.
Freaked my missus out as we have been hearing something in the loft at night the past few days. Deffo a mouse but now I'm not so sure...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom