I-Scan HD VGA resolution problem.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by binbag, Aug 4, 2006.

1. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I've got an I-Scan HD which I'm connecting to my Screenplay 4805 via VGA since the DVI port stopped outputting (another story). My problem is that I can't match the native resolution of my PJ over VGA whereas I could with DVI.

The scaler reports that its sending 852x480 and the PJ resizes it to [email protected] however when I hit the CHCK test pattern it shows 1:1 and if I put the PJ into 'native' it displays a 4:3 image - all this suggests that to me that the scaler is sending VGA to the PJ. I just change the PJ's AR to 16:9 to fill the screen

All other resolutions appear to be pulled back to either SVGA,XGA or SXGA or reported as 'out of range'. Is this down to the scaler or the 4805? The HD is running the last version firmware and the PJ is 1.3.2

I'll be chopping it in for a HD+ soon and the picture is still good to watch so its more out of curiosity- mostly as to why its showing 1:1 on the CHCK test.