I saw two !

gunnerboy

Active Member
Anyone in Bournemouth area looking for a 360 premium pack ?

Yesterday, I saw two sitting behind the counter in Choices video store - in Southbourne.

Just thought I would share this - you never know who is still looking.

:hiya: :hiya: :hiya:
 

simonf7

Active Member
Yeah, my local Tesco has had 2 on the shelf for over a week now, and I just walked in Argos last week and picked up mine.

Si
 

OldAndSenile

Active Member
Yup.. It's right about now the people who spent 700 pounds+ on ebay on the day of release are suddenly feeling a little sheepish.. Especially given that there aren't that many good games out yet!

All that fuss over nothing, as my mum always says :clap:
 

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
its still too expensive in my book......for the money they want i could upgrade my PC to a P4 3.4 and whack in a 1900XTX......el bingo.....close enough to the 360 performance, and a lot more games available!...heh

once the price drops to £200 for the full pack i may consider getting one for the footy/driving games, never has felt right playing those on my PC...lol...but for FPS the mouse/kb combo rules!...heh
 

gunnerboy

Active Member
OldAndSenile said:
Yup.. It's right about now the people who spent 700 pounds+ on ebay on the day of release are suddenly feeling a little sheepish.. Especially given that there aren't that many good games out yet!

All that fuss over nothing, as my mum always says :clap:

I never got to hear such from my mother - all she told me was that "she knew what i was thinking beforew i had even said it" - we had some great conversations !!
 

Moily

Active Member
Knyght_byte said:
once the price drops to £200 for the full pack i may consider getting one

Me, too. There's no way I'm going to get a 360 until the price drops to £197.36.

At £197.37, it's a right rip-off.
 

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
You know what, I am surprised we've not had any PC fanboys on this thread yet. There's usually one who will pop on to drone on about how great PC's are and try and convert us into using a typewriter to play our games :D ;).

Oops wait a second, that will teach me to skim read :rotfl:.
 
lol, your spot on!!

I work with a guy who has a 360, but 95% of his gaming time is taken up by Counter Strike for the PC, and says he will play the 360 more if they bring out a mouse and keyboard for it!!

I never understand why people prefer FPS using a mouse and keyboard IMO it takes more skill using a controller, instead of using a mouse cursor and putting it on somebodies head and pressing the space bar!!
 

MWP1985

Well-known Member
michaelT1888 said:
lol, your spot on!!

I work with a guy who has a 360, but 95% of his gaming time is taken up by Counter Strike for the PC, and says he will play the 360 more if they bring out a mouse and keyboard for it!!

I never understand why people prefer FPS using a mouse and keyboard IMO it takes more skill using a controller, instead of using a mouse cursor and putting it on somebodies head and pressing the space bar!!

I entirely agree. I think the notion that a mouse and keyboard combination is the ultimate control mechanism is woefully outdated. Using a gamepad simply feels more immersive as you can press any of the buttons without moving your arms around. On a PC it feels like you're controlling a 747 when in fact it's just Gordon Freeman. Also, any idiot can get headshots with a mouse and keyboard but with a gamepad it takes much more practice.
 

PrivatePile76

Active Member
and it's fairer as everyones using the same hardware.......same pad layout...

remember autofire on joysticks.......lol

Bob
 

Bilbob

Well-known Member
Firstly, OH COME ONE!! A 1900xtx and a processor upgrade for 270 quid? Since when exactly??!?!!

Secondly, OH COME ON!! A controller DOES take more skill to use accurately in a FPS, but that is because it is INFERIOR! That is a bit like saying it takes more skill to use an old kempston one button digital joystick to play them... it does, COS IT'S HARDER!!
I've got the 360, and have enjoyed PDZ, but I'd have gotten into it a lot easier if I'd have had a mouse/keyboard combo to use... It's just more accurate, faster responding, more intuitive... sheesh....
Don't get me wrong, it IS cumbersome, and it is space wasting in comparison to a joypad, and there MAY well be better options to come, but for now, please don't try and tell me a joypad is superior for FPS!
 

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Oh come on guys - are you sure you wouldn't prefer to use something resembling a typewriter to play your games on :rotfl:. The keyboard was adapted by gamers for use in gaming and if you play enough on one then you can become pretty proficient. However if you give someone who has never played a game or used a PC before a joypad and a keyboard to play a game on then they will always find the joypad the most comfortable and easy to use out of the two.
 

m40wen

Banned
gunnerboy said:
Anyone in Bournemouth area looking for a 360 premium pack ?

Yesterday, I saw two sitting behind the counter in Choices video store - in Southbourne.

Just thought I would share this - you never know who is still looking.

:hiya: :hiya: :hiya:

No mate but I am trying to get a three bed flat in the area for less than a million pounds... :devil:
 

Bilbob

Well-known Member
OK Cas, i'll grant that if you give both to someone who has never used either, then they will settle into the pad quicker... HOWEVER!!! if you gave that same person, say, a week to use both, they would be better skilled when using the mouse combo... as I said above, it's more accurate, quicker and more responsive, with practise :D
 

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Bilbob said:
OK Cas, i'll grant that if you give both to someone who has never used either, then they will settle into the pad quicker... HOWEVER!!! if you gave that same person, say, a week to use both, they would be better skilled when using the mouse combo... as I said above, it's more accurate, quicker and more responsive, with practise :D

Not at all IMO - people made do with keyboards because there was nothing else in the old days for PC's and many PC's at the time were used more for office reasons where people played the odd game on them. If you think about it the Keyboard is a very alien piece of gaming equipment - on a joypad it takes one thumb to control up, down, left & right - four fingers on a keyboard. Then to look around you need a separate controller (a mouse). So that's both hands gone pretty much. You then have 2 or 3 buttons on the mouse to controll shooting, secondary weapons and weapon choice say - maybe one other like jump. But then you have to assign separate buttons for the likes of open/use, prone, crouch, reload, map etc. With a joypad you have a much more efficient controller and how well you perform on each depends on what you're used to. I used to be great on the M&K but now I am completely useless as I haven't used them for ages. On the contrary, I used to be pretty bad on a joypad but now i'm great on that. Not only that but the main thing for me is that it's a much better design ergonomically and is better for your hands etc. Using keyboards for long periods playing games can lead to RSI and Carpel tunnel syndrome.

The whole accuracy and speed thing compared to a mouse isn't really important if everyone is using the same controller as it's a level playing field. Also in real life you can no way spin as fast as you can with a mouse - it's just silly. I much prefer the more realistic turn speed you get with a pad.
 

danmoz

Active Member
Knyght_byte said:
its still too expensive in my book......for the money they want i could upgrade my PC to a P4 3.4 and whack in a 1900XTX......el bingo.....close enough to the 360 performance, and a lot more games available!...heh

once the price drops to £200 for the full pack i may consider getting one for the footy/driving games, never has felt right playing those on my PC...lol...but for FPS the mouse/kb combo rules!...heh

No. You couldn't:

ATI Radeon X1900 ***Crossfire Edition Price: £329.95 (£387.69 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Intel Pentium 4 650 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.4GHz : Price: £174.95 (£205.57 Including VAT at 17.5%)


Total: £592

That's over twice the price of a 360 Premium Pack :rolleyes:
 

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I must say the PC does have some arguements for it as a games platform, but trying to compare on hardware cost is just not one of them. Even the most ardent PC gamer will admit that PC gaming is pretty expensive when compared to a console. Not only is the initial outlay a lot higher (really looking at £1000 + for a half decent top end system minus any display) and the system will probably need upgrading at least twice in a consoles 5-6 year lifespan to stay around the top end. Upgrades can easily be £500 + a pop when looking to get a new G-Card, Processor & memory. Console games cost more but then again if you shop around or buy 2nd hand then there's no real need to pay more than £25 - £35 for a game. All of the games I have bought so far on the 360 (except 2 which I got from Game using my gift card) have been under £35. Considering that that is based on launch prices which are currently around £10 more than last gen consoles (until the console get's established) then I can see that dropping down to £10 - £15 (2nd hand) to £20 - £25 (bargain price) in the future.
 

gunnerboy

Active Member
m40wen said:
No mate but I am trying to get a three bed flat in the area for less than a million pounds... :devil:


I will sell you a 2 bedroom , 1st floor flat right on the sea front for 1/4 of that if you want :clap: :clap:
 

gunnerboy

Active Member
And where did spotting a 360 premium on a shelf ever have anything to do with PC upgrades and using keyboards and a mouse to play games ???????????????????????????????????????????????:confused:
 

m40wen

Banned
gunnerboy said:
And where did spotting a 360 premium on a shelf ever have anything to do with PC upgrades and using keyboards and a mouse to play games ???????????????????????????????????????????????:confused:

They are from North of Ringwood. Nuff said :D
 

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
u cant beat a pc for first person games or rts' playing them with a controller sux. saying that playing a driving, action, adventure, platform, sport..... with a mouse/keyboard is terrible
 

m40wen

Banned
as is posting comments completely unrelated to the topic :D
 

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom