I Saw the Devil (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 30/06/2014

World Exclusive Art, Limited to 2,000 copies

istd-jpg.477327

Attachments

• ISTD(back).jpg
    ISTD(back).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 80
  • ISTD(inside).jpg
    ISTD(inside).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 115
  • ISTD.jpg
    ISTD.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
Hmmm may be tempted to sell my amaray, time will tell :)

I've got a gorgeous DVD edition from South Korea and that's enough for me, I adore the director's work usually but this was a slight step down for me and not something I would want to buy again.

Give me steelbook blu ray editions of A Tale of Two Sisters; A Bittersweet Life; and The Good The Bad The Weird then I will be happy. :thumbsup:

I have the Korean 2-disc edition with both cuts so I'll have to give this a miss bit I love the film.

I've got a gorgeous DVD edition from South Korea and that's enough for me, I adore the director's work usually but this was a slight step down for me and not something I would want to buy again.

Give me steelbook blu ray editions of A Tale of Two Sisters; A Bittersweet Life; and The Good The Bad The Weird then I will be happy. :thumbsup:

Never seen this before but after watching the trailer i may have to stick an order in tomorrow afternoon. Looks very interesting... and very violent! :eek:

Never seen this before but after watching the trailer i may have to stick an order in tomorrow afternoon. Looks very interesting... and very violent! :eek:

If it's the same release as previous, the UK got the less graphic version although there are scenes in that one that aren't in the International cut.

Just done the same, not good watching the trailer in the morning though it is quite brutal :zonked:

This looks good, but I don't think I want to spend £17.99 on it no matter what the print run is.

If it's the same release as previous, the UK got the less graphic version although there are scenes in that one that aren't in the International cut.

So ideally having both cuts would be best, likely to be the same UK disc though i'd imagine.

Out of interest, which cut do you prefer? Or is generally regarded the better cut?

The UK got the less graphic version? I don't think so. The Korean version is less graphic. I can't go into specifics because of those who haven't seen the film yet.

The UK version is the Korean version with the violence toned down, albeit with some extra scenes and slightly longer. The International version is on the US blu-ray. I prefer the International although they're both good. I just think the extra brutality and a couple of other elements that are in there are quite integral to the the story. It was also the US theatrical version when I was living there so it was the first version I saw so it does seem a bit light to me as the violence in the Korean version feels cut.

Going to pass for now on this at £17.99 ?? sorry Zavvi stop trying to set a new price point for Steels I for one is not biting.

Ordered. Very good film, if you like Old Boy and Memories of Murder, it's kind of a mix of those two. How come this has come before Scream and Copland?

OP updated with slightly newer front artwork (Faces better positioned inwards, colour bolder, Title positioned slightly lower and white instead of sliver) and the back artwork.

Preview pics below showing spine and inside artwork. :)

Attachments

• FrontSpinePreview.jpg
    FrontSpinePreview.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 95
  • InsidePreview.jpg
    InsidePreview.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 93
Some may want to hold off....

About "I SAW THE DEVIL" steelbook project. | PLAIN ARCHIVE

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive. It will be released this Summer.

We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.

I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.

Well, it may have both cuts or the International Cut and it may look substantially different... If it had both cuts I'd be tempted to sell my Ltd Ed Amaray.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom