I saw something amazing today!

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member


Only 10 weeks old but it was hard not to get emotional! :clap:
 

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
:clap: congrats.

is it the greyish blob in the middle?
yep...You can kind of make it out if you look at it for a while...the ultrasound guy had to help me out with what was what...:D
 

hillster

Active Member
I saw something amazing the other day, 14 weeks tomorrow. Our first and can't wait.
 

Attachments

hillster

Active Member
Exciting times Decadence, congratulations
 

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
hillster said:
Exciting times Decadence, congratulations
:smashin: congratulations to you too! It was very nervewracking, at the last scan we had it all went wrong as the foetus was dead so my wife had to have an operation to remove it...

It was a huge relief today when all was well...we really hadn't been looking forward to the appointment...
 

The Dude

Distinguished Member
Nice one matey, you must both be well chuffed!
I'm so glad things are working out for you both :thumbsup:
 
S

shadowritten

Guest
Congratulations!!! I'm made up for the both of you and your partners. My wife's as broody as anything - wait till I show her these!
 

hillster

Active Member
Decadence said:
:smashin: congratulations to you too! It was very nervewracking, at the last scan we had it all went wrong as the foetus was dead so my wife had to have an operation to remove it...

It was a huge relief today when all was well...we really hadn't been looking forward to the appointment...

That must have been a terrible experience.

I know exactly what you mean about emotional (extra emotional for you guys after the previous scan), it was a little difficult to keep it together when you can see that little guy or girl wriggling about in there.

Is this your first? It's our first, I never imagined how much this would change our lives and it's only 14 weeks.
 

hillster

Active Member
I told the guys at work last week. It turns out that the bloke who sits opposite me is also going to be a dad and so is the guy who sits next to him. Two due in September and one at the start of October.

Must be something in the water:eek:
 

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
hillster said:
I told the guys at work last week. It turns out that the bloke who sits opposite me is also going to be a dad and so is the guy who sits next to him. Two due in September and one at the start of October.

Must be something in the water:eek:
It must be! 2 of our friends are expecting in august/september too!
 
C

Cynthia 7

Guest
Congratulations Hillster and Decadence, to see those photographs must have really brought tears to your eyes and I bet you were too choked to say anything.

It's the biggest thrill in the world to be a parent. September/October's a nice time of year for pushing a pram!
 

Johan

Novice Member
Congratulations to Hillster and Decadence as well, know the feeling: my first one is due on the 1st of September!

Greetings

Johan

Ps Was told not to scan the pictures by the midwife because they would / could go black, did you scan them or used another clever way?
 

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Johan said:
Congratulations to Hillster and Decadence as well, know the feeling: my first one is due on the 1st of September!

Greetings

Johan

Ps Was told not to scan the pictures by the midwife because they would / could go black, did you scan them or used another clever way?
I just scanned it in...but it is still in the scanner so I haven't checked to see if it went black...
 

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
nah it wouldnt go black, their printers print off of film ink straight onto the paper.

if ever you want to record it to take take a BNC conector to hook it up :p

it will be something like a mitsubishi CP800.

oh congrates to everyone btw
 

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Whitley Bob said:
Congratulations. :clap:
Now you can go out and get that train set or scalextric you've always wanted.:D
Bob.
I already have a big scalextric track down...my wife's great! :smashin:
 

richjthorpe

Novice Member
Congratulations to both the expectant fathers ! I hope your wives are feeling well and the morning sickness hasn't taken too much of a hold.

Richie.
 

ush flynn

Novice Member
Congratulations pal, i have a slight problem with ultrasounds.. I had a few last year on a lump i found. No you may have noticed something similar. Theres a sign saying if you wish to have a printout made then please ask at the reception and it costs £2 . Well they wouldnt let me have one! i mean, what do i call that sexism? Expectant mothers and fathers are allowed them but not me? i woulda loved a print out of my left testicle so i could blow it up, possibly make some abstract art out of it and people would stare and admire, yet never really know what they were looking at :D
 

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
ush flynn said:
Congratulations pal, i have a slight problem with ultrasounds.. I had a few last year on a lump i found. No you may have noticed something similar. Theres a sign saying if you wish to have a printout made then please ask at the reception and it costs £2 . Well they wouldnt let me have one! i mean, what do i call that sexism? Expectant mothers and fathers are allowed them but not me? i woulda loved a print out of my left testicle so i could blow it up, possibly make some abstract art out of it and people would stare and admire, yet never really know what they were looking at :D
Bizarre...

...not meaning to take this thread off on a tangent but I actually did see my left testicle for real when I fell off my bike and split my scrotum open. A gash the size of a 50p, it dropped out of the hole, attached by a pipe or something...didn't half bleed!

Obviously it's all ok as the ultrasound pic in my first post shows...(we don't have any milkmen, delivery men either and the postlady is a lady)...
 

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom