• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

i(rritating)phone

jumpedupmofo

Standard Member
hi unfortunately I'm now hooked and dependent on my iPhone and (as its the only type of phone I intend to use forever I was wondering if the following issues just happen to me or are universal?

You see I'm now on my 5th iPhone since December as each time I get a niggle I simply restore it box it back up and flog it on ebay where strangely people always seem to pay me more than rrp for them, so I get a new phone and some beer money :clap:

This 5th fone took some real hunting down since price dropped to £169 so I intend to keep it through thick and thin.

Anyway sorry for rambling, here are the issues that I've had on every fone. Please reply to say if you have had same issues or maybe if you know a cure. Thanks

1, youtube cannot connect (I have edge & wifi)
2, Internet cannot find the server (in GPRS, edge & wifi)
3, Internet cannot find edge (when it has edge symbol displayed)
4, Internet just closes itself down whilst your using it
5, the screen goes black for 30 seconds and longer
6, very slow to respond when typing
7, missing calls when in perfect reception
8, certain web sites (eg ebay) cannot use drop down menus

I'm sure there's lots more but. That's all I can think of at the moment

Please feel free to add to the list.

Kryptix

1. youtube cannot connect (I have edge & wifi)
2. Internet cannot find the server (in GPRS, edge & wifi)
3. Internet cannot find edge (when it has edge symbol displayed)
4. Internet just closes itself down whilst your using it
5. the screen goes black for 30 seconds and longer
6. very slow to respond when typing
7. missing calls when in perfect reception
8. certain web sites (eg ebay) cannot use drop down menus
9. Some Facebook forms won't work due to using advanced-CSS.

roaster

Sounds like you've got 3rd party software installed and / or not on O2. So you need to do a standard process of elimination. Restore to standard software and apply each of your changes then use for a few hours/days.

If you're planning to upgrade to 2.0 firmware, there's really little point in trying to resolve 1.x firmware problems just for the next month.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom