I-Robot Sonny Bust

G

Gordie

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi gordie

I have just got one as well same seller, cannot tell the difference between this one and the more expensive ones, can you?:thumbsup:

This version is only half scale though (8 inches tall according to the description} the other sonny head (assuming your talking about the dvd boxset one) is full size, I think I paid around £70 for that one.
Though this one does look nice :smashin:

Hi Freero

I wasn't talking about the DVD case one.

This one is a limited edition motion detector one that normally goes for double this price (even on ebay). Only 3000 worldwide IIRC. Also never brought out in the UK.

Gordie

:
Hi Freero

I wasn't talking about the DVD case one.

This one is a limited edition motion detector one that normally goes for double this price (even on ebay). Only 3000 worldwide IIRC. Also never brought out in the UK.

Gordie

ahh that is a good pick up then :smashin:

Got mine yesterday. No customs problems - the label was marked as a $2.99 gift.

Must say, this is the best packaged item I have ever bought over the internet. It must have took me a good 10 minutes before I actually got my hands on Sonny. I would deffo recommend one of these. :smashin:

Just got one aswell, seems like a nice bargain, the auction says delivery in 20-30 days, i dont mind the wait but how long did it take for your ones to arrive? was it any faster?

Mine took 10 days to arrive (not had time to open it yet though). Does seem very well packaged. Marked as PVC Toy value $2 so customs friendly.

Yeah. Instant Chinese stamp collection ;)

Now opened this. It really is very well packaged. Feels 'substantial' as well. Recommended.

May be interested in this item, what is the quality like on this ???:lease:

Very good quality. See my comments above.

Some pics below. The blue light is actually on but it's hard to pick up because of the flash.

DSCN1549.jpg

DSCN1545.jpg

DSCN1546.jpg

You can see the light better with the back of the head removed.

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1552.jpg

The piece look very well, One more question if you don't mind. How heavy is the piece, what is it made of.??

Its just I don't like items that are cheaply constructed and have shoddy quality
I want to make sure it fits in with the rest of my collection which contains some expensive Sideshow statues.

Thanks for comments:thumbsup:

So...let me get this straight...you're asking me if I'm stupid enough to have bought a piece of crap?:nono:

Have a look around here and you'll see more of my collection. Also read my previous posts in this thread properly.

So...let me get this straight...you're asking me if I'm stupid enough to have bought a piece of crap?:nono:

Have a look around here and you'll see more of my collection. Also read my previous posts in this thread properly.

Steady on, Jambo - he wanted an honest appraisal of how solid and well-constructed it was; he wasn't accusing you of anything. I've come across pieces before which look very nice but have no heft to them, and seem fragile. To be fair, how's he going to be able to find this out from just a photo, without asking someone?

Just calm down, eh?

To be 'fair'...I've already answered the question if you care to read previous posts. I also stand by my response to the supercilious way in which the question was asked.

Steady on, Jambo - he wanted an honest appraisal of how solid and well-constructed it was; he wasn't accusing you of anything. I've come across pieces before which look very nice but have no heft to them, and seem fragile. To be fair, how's he going to be able to find this out from just a photo, without asking someone?

Just calm down, eh?

And how sure can he be by asking for someone else's opinion?

My wife bought me a new top on Saturday, she sent me a text saying "I bought you a cracking polo shirt - you'll love it". Guess what - I hated it!!! :D

Steady on there. I asked an honest question. In no way did I mean to offend you or anyone else by posing the query. From the pictures it looks a nice piece but I was a bit dubious because of the low price.:eek:

Just calm down, eh?

Thanks Croker, This is exactly along the lines of were I was coming from. :hiya:

To be 'fair'...I've already answered the question if you care to read previous posts. I also stand by my response to the supercilious way in which the question was asked.

A bit paranoid there I think. The question in no way ever suggested that you were unintelligent or that you bought crap.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom