1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Robot Region 3 delayed

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Sami, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Sami

Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Anybody else get this email from CD WOW?

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for: I, Robot: 2 Disc Edition (DTS) Region 3

We have been advised that the International release date for this title has been postponed to the 23/11/2004. We will dispatch this item to you upon the date of release. As soon as your order is dispatched we will send you an e-mail message confirming the shipment of this item.

Please allow up to 5 - 7 working days for delivery within the UK from the date of dispatch.

Please rest assured that the delay to this item will not affect other items that you may have ordered from us.

We will notify you immediately if there are any further updates with regards to this title.

Although beyond our control we hope that you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience this postponement may have caused.

Thank you for shopping with CD-WOW
    !

Am really p****d off about this! I know it' snot their fault, but I do think it is a little lame to send email notification the day before it's old release date!!

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Better than not telling you at all though...

3. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Me too! Seeing as they have had my money for the past 6 weeks or so and now have it for another month without me having anything to show for it is a bit much.

You have to wonder if CDWOW are getting a bit naive with these R3 releases. Advertising them with release dates that are weeks ahead of the R1 or R2's.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,067
    It isn't CDWOW's fault. Another supplier has also quoted, and then revised, an early release date for this title. The only thing CDWOW does (which I don't particularly like) it take your money up front.

5. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Maybe it isn't their fault, but they need to be a bit more cautious about these in the future or they will start alienating alot of customers. I've been getting a lot of order delay emails from them lately which is trying my patience (for titles that were already being shipped from other retailers, according to the Now Shipping forum anyway!).

I have been using CDWOW for the past 12 months and have had no complaints until recently. I feel that they are slipping a little.

6. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    I must admit the bit that has ticked me off is the whole we've had your money thing.

Wait and see for spidey2!

7. LV426

LV426

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,067
    They are cheap. But the primary reason I don't use them is my dislike for their money-up-front practice.

If they are delaying releases that others are shipping, then, yes, I'd agree, they aren't performing as they should. However, I do believe in the case in point (I Robot), that the situation is genuinely beyond their control.

My choice is to buy from somewhere that is UK based. Fast, much more expensive, but they don't charge until they dispatch. And this company (for whose customer service, with many years of use, Laserdiscs before DVDs, I have the greatest respect) have similarly announced, and then put back, I Robot R3. But they haven't yet taken my money.

8. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Go on then Nigel.............which Company is it ?

I've given CD-Wow quite a lot of business over the last few years, and like most internet retailers they have their good points and bad points.
    Their customer service is fantastic - every email I've sent them has been replied to within the hour.
    The downsides are the aforementionned taking of money up front - done because they do not store credit card details - and the delays that seem to be creeping in for some big releases.
    It seems they've become a bit of a victim of their own success - everybody wants to take advantage of their fantastic prices, and so they can't get the stock in quick enough to meet demand.

I guess it boils down to a choice - get the best price and wait a little longer, or pay a bit more and get it quicker.

Ian.

9. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Personally, I don't mind waiting an extra week or so after the release if its going to save me a few quid, but I would like to know that up front, not the day before the release.

Having said that I have very few complaints about CDWOW and overall find them the best online DVD retailer I have dealt with.

10. LV426

LV426

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,067
    If I told you that I'll pay GBP16.99 for this title including delivery, do you still want to know that it's www.dvdslimited.com ?

My choice to use them, despite their higher prices for reasons of speed, accuracy, and excellent service.