I, Robot (Blu-ray Steelbook)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: FoxDirect - Zavvi

Release date: 03/06/2013

Limited to 4,000 copies. Embossed front.

10792124-1364380599-874171-jpg.385455

Attachments

• 10792124-1364380599-874171.jpg
    10792124-1364380599-874171.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,761
  • 10792124-1364380599-874167.jpg
    10792124-1364380599-874167.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,306
  • 10792124-1364380599-874185.jpg
    10792124-1364380599-874185.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,286
Last edited:

Fruitloop1982

I`d love to see a design similair to the Amazon exclusive DVD tin. Sleak, stainless steel finish with embossed title.

snooloui

Distinguished Member
I'm a little gutted about this one as I spent over £30 getting the 3D German version. I guess that may be one bonus, this will be unlikely to be 3D I would've thought.

Keane

Distinguished Member
I'm a little gutted about this one as I spent over £30 getting the 3D German version. I guess that may be one bonus, this will be unlikely to be 3D I would've thought.

Will take it off you if you move it on mate :)

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Average film and although the steelbook is nice I don't know whether ill get this one or not. Probably not

replicant81

another definitive edition getting bluray. i tell you its so gutting knowing the dvd steels will be even less appealing now lol.

this and independence day get added to the list. the likes of Speed, Kingdom Of Heaven, Daredevil and Mr and Mrs Smith cant be far behind!

Fruitloop1982

another definitive edition getting bluray. i tell you its so gutting knowing the dvd steels will be even less appealing now lol.

this and independence day get added to the list. the likes of Speed, Kingdom Of Heaven, Daredevil and Mr and Mrs Smith cant be far behind!

Without wanting to go off topic too much, I was thinking the same thing. I've collected DVD steels for a few years now.

Recently, I've been trying to pick up some of the titles I was missing from my Definitive collection, Irobot being one. I never pay more than a couple of quid though!

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Quite like the artwork for this and it comes with embossing... like the film as well so looks like i'll end up getting it.

blobby109

Distinguished Member
Would be ace if they released this with the 3D disc aswell instead of double dippin'! Very unlikely i know

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Shame about the film eh? Not on my to buy list anyway.

I've always really liked this film, despite it going OTT in the final act. It's a sci-fi blockbuster with a (positronic) brain :).

Sure it might be a few notches beneath, say, Minority Report or A.I. (Proyas isn't quite Spielberg yet). But its orders of magnitude ahead of the likes of Fifth Element or the recent Total Recall. I still haven't upgraded my DVD of this yet and the amaray is a bit 'meh', so this exclusive is very attractive looking indeed.

lee667

Distinguished Member
I still haven't upgraded my DVD of this yet and the amaray is a bit 'meh', so this exclusive is very attractive looking indeed.

are you referring to the artwork or PQ?

snooloui

Distinguished Member
I recently got the German Media Markt Steelbook and whilst it is twice the price of this one, it does come with the 3D disc. Apart from the printed back I think it's great, I think i'm going to stick with the one I have :)

Here are a few quick pics for comparison:

Attachments

• IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2179.JPG
    IMG_2179.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2180.JPG
    IMG_2180.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2182.JPG
    IMG_2182.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2183.JPG
    IMG_2183.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 107

SteelHoarder

Apart from the printed back I think it's grea

I would love to know exactly what is the German anal obsession with having their backs printed ( you know what I mean ) . It's gut wrenching when you pay premium price for a premium title like you did here and they can't find a bit of paper to write the info on and leave the back clean ? Really stupid and unattractive.

lee667

Distinguished Member
Artwork.

Still yet to see the film on BD, although I hear its a stunning disc.

reference quality, looks and sounds amazing. may have to dig it out over easter.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I've always really liked this film, despite it going OTT in the final act. It's a sci-fi blockbuster with a (positronic) brain :).

Sure it might be a few notches beneath, say, Minority Report or A.I. (Proyas isn't quite Spielberg yet). But its orders of magnitude ahead of the likes of Fifth Element or the recent Total Recall. I still haven't upgraded my DVD of this yet and the amaray is a bit 'meh', so this exclusive is very attractive looking indeed.

Not a patch on the book unfortunately. Yet another generic will smith vehicle :(

The Ringmaster

Ordered. I like this. I like the film too.

I was going to go for Independence Day steelie also but I'm not jumping for joy over the artwork of it.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Just thought i'd confirm that the ZAV10 code going around works on this title, just cancelled my original order and re-ordered this again, £13.49, bit better :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone