I River iHP - 140 Anyone got one?

WAYNE509

Established Member
Reaction score
Been looking at them all and cant make up my mind :confused:

The reason i've almost decided on the I River is the fact it has optical out.
As we have recently moved house we are struggling for space so all hi - fi equipment has gone and i now need a small HDD player as my main music source played through my surround sound set up.

Is the sound quality going to be any better than say an i pod composite line out?

Do these little HDD players sound ok played through hi- fi equipment?

I River,Sony or I pod which would you choose if the main purpose was to play as home stereo?Looks and size not so important.

MMM decisions decisions :rolleyes:

I cant comment on the integration into a hi-fi... cos i've not done it!

However, I purchased my H140 last summer. It has been everywhere with me! Jamaica... Cypruss... and over 1500 miles on pushbike since last september (even in rain and snow)...

Battery life is great.

I purchased Sony fontopia inear phones, and after adjusting EQ, sounds really good.

Gareth.

I use mine via digital optical to my Pioneer AV amp. It's awesome. I also have an analog line into to my stereo amp as well and that is also awesome. It's such a great sound considering it's from a tiny little box.

I much preferred the iRiver over the iPod 4G but now my 40GB is full I'm thinking about that new Toshiba 60GB hard drive as a possible DIY upgrade.

Too late i saw the 30 gig Sony on the Currys website and foolishly ordered that.Kind of wish i hadnt bothered now with all its problems.

Mind you probably be sent back within 2 days when the buttons crack :rolleyes:

WAYNE509 said:
Too late i saw the 30 gig Sony on the Currys website and foolishly ordered that.Kind of wish i hadnt bothered now with all its problems.

Mind you probably be sent back within 2 days when the buttons crack :rolleyes:

Chances are you won't get cracked buttons - very few 30GB models (with black buttons) have suffered this.

Well we will see :) Ordered last Thursday night so hopefully be here soon.
Phoned them and they couldnt say if it had been dispatched yet and have mailed them 3 times with no answer.Supposed to get a confirmation of dispatch e- mail but haven't had a thing.

The pic on the website shows a silver player with clear buttons :thumbsdow

I WONT live with cracked buttons if they crack it goes back for a refund.

Then i will buy an I River

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom